T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I was hoping to get some information from someone that knows how to properly print transfers. I having a lot of trouble with whashability. Ink falls down after the first wash.
I'm not sure what is causing the problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Could be your semi-cure process. You're using a tunnel dryer? What temp are you trying to achieve? It is a trial & error process to dial in the correct settings.
I was recommended not exeed 220 degrees but at that temperature, the powder isnt melting enough i have to get to 240-260 for it to melt. Im using an M&R Radicure dryer.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
i am using super trans sheets which are supposed to be used for both hot and cold peel. The standard transfer powder. Plastisol inks from international coatings.
These should do...
You just have to make sure you don't over-cure the transfers. This is very important.

I was recommended not exeed 220 degrees but at that temperature, the powder isnt melting enough i have to get to 240-260 for it to melt. Im using an M&R Radicure dryer.
If that's what you were recommended by the ink supplier, then this is what you should use.
Obviously the standard adhesive powder will not work.
You need this one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
These should do...
You just have to make sure you don't over-cure the transfers. This is very important.

If that's what you were recommended by the ink supplier, then this is what you should use.
Obviously the standard adhesive powder will not work.
You need this one.
Thank you for the info. I will try the powder you are recommending. We really need to get this right ASAP.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Yeah, sounds to me like they are over cured in the oven. Shirts should never get to the wash to find out the transfer is bad. After the press, give them a hard stretch across the fabric, they should stretch like rubber, not crack or flake.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.