T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of buying a second hand r-jet5, Ive been advised that it is best to book some training with Resolute to get me started.
Well Ive just had a quote and its come in at nearly 500, the training is only for myself and with us just starting out in the business this is way too much for us to fork out.
I was going to use this as a stepping stone to buying one of the new r-jet5i but may just look at other alternatives out there or maybe just buy the print and cut that we have been looking at.
Is there any one in the NW of the U.K who can help me out by maybe letting me come to them for them to go through the basics ?, or maybe me giving them a few quid to come to me to explain the system ?...

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ive just requested a service with them, they want over 300 quid to come and look at it, they will then give me a quote for servicing it... Seems they are trying to put people off buying second hand... maybe I am better off going with another brand ?... I did aks if they could do it at their place (I would take it to them) but she totaly ignored that question.

· Registered
1,116 Posts
Okay, I've been learning on here (and other places) for almost a year now and still haven't bought any equipment. But it would never occur to me to buy a $20,000 piece of equipment to start this business and only then find out whether or not I can attract customers and make a living.

Now, my opinion is worth every cent you're paying for it. And my opinion is to spend a lot less when starting out--like a heat press, a cutter, some vinyl, other transfer paper, maybe get a dye-sub printer if I can scrape up the funds.

Then as you build up a clientele that will support the use of a $20,000+ piece of machinery, buy it.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We already have a graphtec cutter and heat press etc, just wanted to go the next step, the dtg and pretreatment machine is costing me a hell of a lot less than 20k, I was thinking of going for a new one as they are doing the 5i, pretreatment and heat press at the p&p show this weekend for arouns 12k inc vat, I dont mind paying 12k if it works but didnt want to spend that on something that doesnt work.
I would have gone for a new one around summer and had contacted them for a price before this came up, trouble is im now having second thoughts about the company as they only seem interested in selling new.
The one Im getting comes with the software and dongle, are there any training vids out there ?...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.