T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a design commissioned and the files the designer sent me are giving me problems. I usually use AICS4, and I dont have any rip software. The designer sent me a .psd with 2 layers, and a .tiff file he said was the seperation, which is in gray scale. I tried to create a new artboard in illustrator with cmyk 300 dpi and drag it over but it wont let me change the grey to black and when it prints its giving me blurry lines on the transparency. Its really starting to frustrate me and I dont want to waste any more ink or transparencies. Anyone know what I should do? I did email the designer and asked him to send me a vectored .ai file but he hasnt responded yet.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
The tiff is most likely a layered tiff with each layer being a separated color.

You don't want to convert the raster art to vector art, you will lose a great deal of detail and it is not necessary anyhow. There is no reason you should not be able to figure this out with some help.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have photopshop and Illustrator. The designer got back to me and sent me a .ai file which worked perfect. I was scrambling because I didnt know what to do at the time. Thanks for the help guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts