T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

after numerous problems trying to run rip pro v4 on windows 7 i have just bought an xp laptop and decided to run with print pro as the easiest option as i already had a print pro disk provided with my new machine

having used rip prov5 with a kiosk 2 previously i found v5 incredibly easy to use

however after using pdf files with v5, when i try to open them in print pro it will not let me open pdf files?

i know im missing something as print pro is new to me and im still finding my way around

could somebody tell me what i should be saving my images as in photoshop?

i have been able to print very small poor quality jpeg images of around 4inch square in perfect colour however when i try to import a jpeg of 12inches X 16 print pro crashes and freezes

i have tried to open psd files aswell however i get a message saying the file format is not supported

any help or suggestions with print pro or what i should be saving my images as in photoshop to get me rolling would be fantastic as i am struggling, but getting there very slowly

thank you,

mark :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
save the files as psd files mate. the file extension should be .psd

what version of photoshop do you have?
im using photoshop c4 mate.getting my old pdf files and saving them as psd files then saving them to my windows 7 laptop then copying them onto a usb stick and transferring them to my xp/print pro that way

·
Registered
245 Posts
in the print pro are you dragging the files in or clicking open?

if you drag the psd's in then which part of print pro are you trying to drag them too? the top or bottom

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
in the print pro are you dragging the files in or clicking open?

if you drag the psd's in then which part of print pro are you trying to drag them too? the top or bottom
in print pro i am clicking file/open selecting my memory stick then double clicking on the picture/file i want and it just opens in a little box on print pro

thanks for your help mate. it is very much appreciated

·
Registered
810 Posts
I'm not experienced with Rip Pro, but you might want to try saving/exporting your file from Photoshop as a PNG file at 300 dpi with a transparent background. This is a good general practice for many RIPs, but note there may be differences with your specific RIP.

Alex

·
Registered
260 Posts
If the .psd is saying not supported it may be because they are 16bit files, make sure you save them as 8bit files

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
can somebody explain to me like a 4yr old how to go to the root directory of cd in xp please?

this is the only part of installation im not doing and i am sure this is the problem as it says in the instructions i need to run the HDD32.exe. file to unlock the drivers for the lock on my computer hard disk

at the moment it doesnt matter wether i am trying to import a pdf,psd,png or jpeg in 8bit 16bit it just says this file is not supported

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hi Mark
Sounds like a problem with the pc rather than print pro, maybe you need to re-install windows xp. You can also buy the windows 7 upgrade for print pro for £250, might make more sense to do that going forward

1 - 9 of 9 Posts