T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone...I'm very new to screen printing...actually I just got back from training with Printa in Seattle. I also just found this site and I'm EXCITED! It looks great and I'm looking forward to snooping around.
I think I've learned a lot in the last couple of weeks by trial and error ( I have a huge stack of shirts! lol) but now I'm having issues with the PowerRip software. Can I ask a question about that here?
Here's the issue......
I'm trying to print artwork to expose. I do the artwork and make sure it says tabloid. I click on print...it's defaulted to the epson printer photo 1400 printer and the print preview looks marvelous and to scale...I choose the powerrip print button and the graphic is oversized for the paper...when I tried, tried, tried to investigate the powerrip program says it's 8x11 paper so I'm guessing this is why it's not sized right. How do I make the powerrip resize the graphic to the original size??? or how do I change powerrip to show the tabloid paper???
Any advice at all is appreciated....I don't know if I'll have any hair left for much longer so I hope all this "falls into place" before too long!

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Not sure which version of the RIP Printa Systems sells, but maybe this video of the latest version of a similar software will help you - MultiRIP Film Tech Support Videos. Click on the link for your graphic software program to see how to use the RIP for each specific software. The page size needs to be set in the Advanced Screen. Below is an screen shot as well.

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool! Thanks for the reply! Setting page size in the Advanced section is the key........
Thanks again.....I'm learning a lot on this site.:)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello everyone...I'm very new to screen printing...actually I just got back from training with Printa in Seattle. I also just found this site and I'm EXCITED! It looks great and I'm looking forward to snooping around.
I think I've learned a lot in the last couple of weeks by trial and error ( I have a huge stack of shirts! lol) but now I'm having issues with the PowerRip software. Can I ask a question about that here?
Here's the issue......
I'm trying to print artwork to expose. I do the artwork and make sure it says tabloid. I click on print...it's defaulted to the epson printer photo 1400 printer and the print preview looks marvelous and to scale...I choose the powerrip print button and the graphic is oversized for the paper...when I tried, tried, tried to investigate the powerrip program says it's 8x11 paper so I'm guessing this is why it's not sized right. How do I make the powerrip resize the graphic to the original size??? or how do I change powerrip to show the tabloid paper???
Any advice at all is appreciated....I don't know if I'll have any hair left for much longer so I hope all this "falls into place" before too long!
Hello I am Ted Birmingham here at support for PowerRIP
I would suggest that whatever printer you intend to print to, that it is set as your "Default Printer" in the Control Panel/Printers button. In this case PowerRIP ScreenPrint 1400. In applications like Photoshop and Corel they automatically open to the Default printer. Next in Corel, check "Use PPD" and navigate to the PwoerRIp Fodler and select teh PPD folder then the Windows folder and choose the PPD for your printer. This will activate the Properties button in Corel next to the printer name. From here you can get to advanced and pick your paper sizes. If you print bleed and crop marks remember you will the extra space for them as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts