T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently bought the powerrip silkscreen program and I am trying to print on a 7880 epson printer. everytime I print out the ink is puddling up on the acetate. If anyone knows why this is happening please help. If it helps I am trying to print a 4color process image using adobe photoshop.:(

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I checked the film and I'm printing on the right side....Do you know which setting it could be in the rip program?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I checked the film and I'm printing on the right side....Do you know which setting it could be in the rip program?
At print-time, click "properties" then "Advanced". Make sure the media selected is the type of film that you are using (please note that not all film supports inkjet printing). If it's set for paper, it will probably use too much ink when printing to film. Make sure that the color mode not color. Use the correct resolution. Usually we recommend that halftones be produced at 1440x720 or above to get nice, crisp dots (although 720x720 will probably be ok for coarser screen rulings). Let us know how you make out.

Fred Padilla
iProof Systems, Inc.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What do you mean by not color? I tried to set the paper to premium glossy paper but that had no effect. Anything that I might try? Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I print directly from photoshop the image comes out perfect on the same paper but I have to go through the Rip program to get my process halftones. This is what has got me stumped. I don't know enough about the RIp program to play with all the settings. I tried to change paper setting but that had no effect. Is there anything else anyone can recomend?

Joe

·
Registered
184 Posts
What do you mean by not color? I tried to set the paper to premium glossy paper but that had no effect. Anything that I might try? Thanks
Do NOT set the paper type to Premium Glossy Photo paper. You're not printing on Glossy Photo paper, you're printing on FILM! The setting for paper will use too much ink. Select the film type instead.
What I mean by not color is to set it to Grayscale. You are printing on film so you want to print monochrome (black only). If you still can't get it, call iProof tech support. The number is listed here: www.iproofsystems.com

-- Fred

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I changed the settings to what you specified and now when it dumps into the rip program it comes up with an error.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hmmm. That's a very strange problem you got there. "An error" isn't very discriptive so it's hard to troubleshoot. You'd save a lot of time if you just call iProof tech support. They'll have you printing in no time. 321-777-3982

-- Fred

1 - 9 of 9 Posts