T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When U transfer the image, using plastisol, it's not coming out right, it looks like it has water spots or it's blotchy.

Anybody help me???

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
When U transfer the image, using plastisol, it's not coming out right, it looks like it has water spots or it's blotchy.

Anybody help me???
Yes like stated above pre-press your t-shirt and try increasing temp by like 5 degrees. What kind of heat press are you using?

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
it could be uneven heat causing this to happen. I have also seen not enough heat cause this problem. I would suggest buying a IR thermometor and checking the heat platen for uneven tempature and this will also allow you to the press is heating to right temp. .... JB

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm using a BLACK MAX press, but get this, I was practicing on another t shirt, it was white, and it came out perfect, I mean you couldn't ask for any better.

I have the heat setting at about 375, I bumbed up the pressure a bit, and like I said the white shirt came out perfect.

The T shirts these folks want is black. are there different material used in black, is there a specific brand that is better than others for black?

It's got me bumb fuzzeled, if all else fails lol they gonna have to back to white t shrts, lol

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I'm using a BLACK MAX press, but get this, I was practicing on another t shirt, it was white, and it came out perfect, I mean you couldn't ask for any better.

I have the heat setting at about 375, I bumbed up the pressure a bit, and like I said the white shirt came out perfect.

The T shirts these folks want is black. are there different material used in black, is there a specific brand that is better than others for black?

It's got me bumb fuzzeled, if all else fails lol they gonna have to back to white t shrts, lol

First off, Make sure your plastisols are made to be pressed on darks if your buying from proworld or other vendors. The reason i say that is because they do specify that some are only to be pressed on LIGHT garments and some for DARKS. Im thinking that's why your WHITE tshirt came out good and your DaRK is coming out bad.:D

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
First off, Make sure your plastisols are made to be pressed on darks if your buying from proworld or other vendors. The reason i say that is because they do specify that some are only to be pressed on LIGHT garments and some for DARKS. Im thinking that's why your WHITE tshirt came out good and your DaRK is coming out bad.:D
Good point on the the transfers. The Black max press is a relabeled mighty press, so you have a great press. I have not noticed colored tees requireing anything different as far as press time. I wish you the best. ... JB

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good point, I may have to get back with the company who supplied the transfers, and see if they made them for light colors or dark.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
I have plastisol transfers that are for light and then some that are for dark shirts and some that are for light and dark,, check the instructions,, on your transfers, or the manuf...
A dark shirt gets hotter faster than a light shirt, f anything the pressing time for the light shirt would be less.
Let us know

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have tried several different approches, lowr heat, higher heat in between heat, and any where from 4 seconds to 15, and still I get the same results, maybe 1 out of 20 turned out betterm but it still had the blotchy look.

It's like biggest part of the transfer is still on the paper when I remove it.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Up your temp to 410 and press for 14 seconds med. to light pressure. Post a pic of the transfer if you can as I may have special instructions for you. Oh and who makes the transfer is another good idea to post.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Up your temp to 410 and press for 14 seconds med. to light pressure. Post a pic of the transfer if you can as I may have special instructions for you. Oh and who makes the transfer is another good idea to post.
sure sounds like the transfers were made for light colored garments... i too would like to see a pic of the result to better guage what is happening upon pressing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I tried the 410 degrees for 14 sec, and it still came out the same way.

I don't know if you can really tell by the picture but it still comes out blotchy

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
i took a look at your photo. the design is meant
to be placed on light colored garment. thats why it looks washed out. the transfer does not have an under lay of white ink.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
The blotchy ness as you call it is the color of the T-shirt showing thru, my opinion is these are for light colors, the white is on top of the red ring to show on light colors. my own opinion here.
What does every else think?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think everybody agrees that it's made for light colors.

When I recieved the prints there was an example or sample and it was printed on black material,

I don't know, anybody ever heard of SEMO Imprints, that's where I got them.

Semo Imprints

I got them at a good price, I can see why now

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Ed,
Call Semo , I have heard good things about them, If you had them made and it was suppose to be for all colors , they will make it right,, Use what you have on the light colored tees, you need and call semo and see if they cant get you some ones made for the blacks,, or darks, you need..
Most all these print co, are really great co,, dont waste any more on darks, you are not doing anything wrong,

1 - 20 of 37 Posts