T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello ,am new to this forum but i've been screenprinting for a couple months now on paper. now i want to start printing t-shirts. so, my question is

What ink would u recommend me to use on t-shirts?

and also is there anything else i should mix in the ink?

or is the ink i use for paper good. i use versetex ink that i purchase from my local art store.

·
Registered
227 Posts
rodi202 said:
hello ,am new to this forum but i've been screenprinting for a couple months now on paper. now i want to start printing t-shirts. so, my question is

What ink would u recommend me to use on t-shirts?

and also is there anything else i should mix in the ink?

or is the ink i use for paper good. i use versetex ink that i purchase from my local art store.
Plastisol Ink, However Garmet Screen Printing envolves an awfull lot of different varibles then Screen Printing on Paper....Without going into a long detialed list of the differences I recomend that you read thru the Screen Printing Posts...They should give you a feel for the differences..Theres lots of information in there for you, that will probably answer most of your questions....
If not then theres many people here that will be more then happy to answer some more specific questions for you.. Good Luck... Chuck

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
If you've been paper printing I'm guessing you have a fairly minimal setup; if that is the case you may want to start with waterbased inks since washout booths, flash curers, etc. are less necessary with them.

It's unlikely the ink you've been using for paper printing is suitable for textile printing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts