T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am trying to create designs with a blank background. When I select "transparent" for the image background it opens with a white/gray checkerboard which I assume depicts transparent. When I save the image it then has a white background. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ok, you can't have a transparent background in an image in photoshop unless its a gif file which is only used for web. If your design is simple then you should use a vector graphic like illustrator or coreldraw. Remember white isn't a colour anyway so it may not print on your final design, it all depends what you are using this graphic for.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi, how are you getting on with your issue, not sure why the warp tool would be greyed out. in future if you are using just simple text based graphics, stick to illustrator

·
Registered
250 Posts
Why would to create a text element in photoshop and import it into Illustrator. Seem counterproductive. Use the warp tool in illustrator. If you have to do it the way you are attempting... save the file out as a photoshop file with transparent background and place that file it. It will work that way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts