T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Greetings All,

All of you who have weighed in on the fact that most online companies who have had software created, either did it in house, or paid big bucks to others to create it for them.

I would be very leery of buying software from say an Indian company that has software that looks very similiar to DesignAShirt. I promise you that we have sued everyone we have found using this ripped off software, and will continue to do so.

Any questions, email me at DesignAShirt or pick up the phone and call me.

John

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for your kind words.

You are correct that anything can be created these days w/ some intelligent coding. What I have learned is that putting all of the moving pieces together can really take a lot of time and huge amounts of effort from many different people.

Where is the business headed? Great question. I believe that more and more screenprinters will find for themselves that it makes sense to move to an online design/ordering process. Even if you did it with no intention of going outside of your own client base, it makes so much sense.

I owned my "old" screenprint and embroidery company for 18 years before creating DesignAShirt. What we have learned from DesignAShirt is that alot of our "old" customers want the ability to go online, see their art work that we uploaded for them, put it on different colored shirts, play with location and sizing, see different pricing points based on color of shirt, quantity, etc, and best of all they do this all on their own time. I am not paying to have one of our sales associates quote them a hundred different ways. They now can get exact pricing, place their orders, or just figure out what font they want to use just by going to my newer website.

Truthfully though, there are alot of customers that we still have that want to come in, have their hand held and feel that they are getting that customer appreciation that you can't get over the web. 2 very different types of customers, and still they both can bring you a ton of business, the web based one, much more cost efficiently.

FYI, it is rare that I have time to post often, so don't read too much into it if you don't see me post alot.

Cheers!

John

·
Registered
21 Posts
The out of country scoundrels are the tough ones. There is a whole lot of stuff you have to do to file against someone in a foreign country, especially in India. We are pursuing that.

I have one that is here in the U.S. that has agreed to a settlement, is paying damages, and will be shutting his site down next week. If I have time, I will post the site as soon as all documentation has been signed. What usually happens is: if after seeing our lawsuit, they would prefer to settle, we take a penalty payment for the fact that they infringed on our software and copyrights, we also then look to see what their sales were, and take additional monies for that, and finally we take control and ownership of the domain name that they were using to get this business.

It is quite a pain, and even after all that, the only person that is probably happy is my legal team. They make a lot of money for all of the filings, and paperwork involved.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.