T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so heres the deal guys I am new to this and just started my own clothing line and I have acquired the sellers permit and also my tax id. so now I am assuming the next step that I would need to complete would be a business license right? Well I am a bit confused. Most of my sales are going to be online, not from a store, I was planning on using my post office address as my business address, because many people have told me you can. I used it on my sellers permit and my tax just fine with no issues. Some lady from the riverside city hall that I was calling just told me that I cant use my post office address, (this is also probably my fault for mentioning it was a post office address),as my business address, so I am kind of just getting thrown all over the place here. any one have any advice for me. I do want to eventually go to events sand set up booths, and things of that sort so I know I will need business license for that I'm sure. Do I need a business license for each different city that I go to events in? so every time I go to a new city do I have to have to apply for a new business license for that city too? Any help is appreciated guys, hoping theres some people in here that are already up there in the clothing industry that can help me out.

· Registered
167 Posts
Every state is different. Here in NC we do not need a business license anymore.

Alright so heres the deal guys I am new to this and just started my own clothing line and I have acquired the sellers permit and also my tax id. so now I am assuming the next step that I would need to complete would be a business license right? Well I am a bit confused. Most of my sales are going to be online, not from a store, I was planning on using my post office address as my business address, because many people have told me you can. I used it on my sellers permit and my tax just fine with no issues. Some lady from the riverside city hall that I was calling just told me that I cant use my post office address, (this is also probably my fault for mentioning it was a post office address),as my business address, so I am kind of just getting thrown all over the place here. any one have any advice for me. I do want to eventually go to events sand set up booths, and things of that sort so I know I will need business license for that I'm sure. Do I need a business license for each different city that I go to events in? so every time I go to a new city do I have to have to apply for a new business license for that city too? Any help is appreciated guys, hoping theres some people in here that are already up there in the clothing industry that can help me out.

· Registered
4,715 Posts
yeah, i would start at the state level

usually a municipal license is if you are going to have a permanent brick an mortar store,
or you may need one if you are a home-based business (ie doing the t-shirt work out of your home)
hence the need for your actual address and a mailing address

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.