T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping maybe someone can give me some advice on my printer. I changed the capping station yesterday because of the 0040 error. After I was done it threw the 10035 error. That was a simple fix. The teeth on a set of gears were't quite perfect. I tried to reset the counter and it didn't take. Several times later I finally got it, only I must have somehow must have done another rest by accident. I turned my printer back on to reload paper. It took me hours more to get it to take the printer setup settings so I would stop getting reload paper. I went to finally make my first print and it was horrible. All my alignment settings are gone. I have spent hours trying to fix it. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or what. I raise the bed and adjusted the bi-directional. It was perfect. I printed a test on the bed and again it was perfect. I went to print a second and perfect yet again. I lower the bed and load a test shirt. I set the height to the same as the test. It's way off. I have to raise the bed all the way up to the bar for it to print clean. I go back to the adjustment wizard and play with it some more. Each time it's the exact same problem. None of it wants to align right and I'm getting so frustrated. I would take close for now just to get what I need to get out.

Please do not tell me to call the tigers. I have my reasons.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I could really use some help with this. I aligned the printer within reason by using the bi-d on adjustment wizard. When I raise the bed I set it up to be a quarters distance from the rail. I did a test print on the bed and it aligned perfectly. I lowered the bed, set my shirt on and used the quarter to set my height again. It printed completely off. The distance between the substrate and the print head was exactly the same. Why would it print differently? I've never had this problem before and it makes no sense to me whatsoever. I have to raise the shirt all the way up and have it touch the rail even though I set the alignment for a quarters distance. Is there a sensor I'm missing?

In my above post I asked for you not to refer me to the tigers because I have already called them. This printer was originally bought in Philly, but not by me. I purchased it used, but AA has all the service records for it. In the 4 years I've owned this printer I have only needed their help a handful of times. Jason and Chaucer have both helped me get it sorted before. In the past I have been able to call and get tech support for $350-$500. It only lasts a couple of months, but it's all I need. When I called this morning a lady there informed me that this was no longer an option for "second hand owners". I would need to pay $1800 for a year of tech support. I don't want a year nor do I need one. In my book second hand owners are just as important because one day my used printed will need to be replaced.

My stubbornness tells me not to pay the $1800 because it's completely ridiculous so I'm looking for any help I can get here.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
I did a 'write-up' on bi-directional quite some time ago. One of the important aspects is committing the changes you make - it's very easy to get this wrong and all the settings you make are lost.

Take a read http://www.t-shirtforums.com/neoflex/t253841.html

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey stitch-up thanks for replying. I did specifically read that thread yesterday. I do have Epson LFP Remote Panel, but for some reason mine does not have the option to do an alignment. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, but I still only have 2 options, firmware update or the viewer to just check ink and waste ink tank level or I would just use that program and follow your directions. I even downloaded a fresh version of it and installed that and there is still no option for alignment.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found the right LFP media and I did the entire alignment per your directions. Very helpful by the way, so thank you for that. The alignment was more perfect than it has ever been. I turned off the printer, hit the red button and unplugged it. I turned it back on and all my alignment settings are gone again. What did I do wrong?

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
From memory and mine is poor, I have a recollection of NOT turning the printer off but pulling the power cord to the base.

Unless I've noted it (I will look), try that method.

QUOTE: From instruction.

Finally (and I've asked the Tigers for clarification) you need to commit all your hard work to the printer, permanently. I believe you need to disconnect the power connector from the NeoFlex base and wait 5 minutes before switching back on. I lost all my settings TWICE and have not finalised my third alignment until I hear back from the Tigers.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You have been a life saver!! I redid my alignment and pulled the cord at the base like you said (cringed and crossed my fingers) and it worked. It is back up and running better than it has been. Thank you so much for you help and wonderful guide on how to do the alignment!! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.