T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been asked to embroider names and the title of the employee on some t-shirts. They want me to put the name on the top line, and title on the second on the front of the shirts. Both lines of embroidery are to be placed on the left side of the shirts. If they had pockets, I could figure it out, but they don't have any. They will be different sized t-shirts. Can anyone tell me how to know where to put the lines according to the t-shirt size, as to not have someone's name either too high or too low on the shirt?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, they are crew neck t-shirts, no pocket on the front. So, I need to figure out how to place a name with a title under it for various sizes of shirts

·
Administrator
14,642 Posts
no, they are crew neck t-shirts, no pocket on the front. So, I need to figure out how to place a name with a title under it for various sizes of shirts
1. Draw a line straight down from where shoulder seam meets collar seam.

Find center of armholes, from armpit to shoulder, and draw line straight across.

Center of design should go where lines intersect.

Also, here is a general article on various placements from impressions mag.

http://www.impressionsmag.com/impre...ery/e3ib8e45239117b646005ef2405a9e6addc?imw=Y

·
Registered
4 Posts
Why not get some t-shirts with pockets the same size. Figure out where the pockets are on them and then use the same measurments to place the embrodery on the one's without the pockets. Same placement, different shirts.

·
Administrator
14,642 Posts
Why not get some t-shirts with pockets the same size. Figure out where the pockets are on them and then use the same measurments to place the embrodery on the one's without the pockets. Same placement, different shirts.

Wouldn't work. Your design would be too low on the shirt if you used the pocket on a pocket tee as a guide.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts