T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a heat press from amazon at this link Amazon.com: PowerPress Industrial-Quality Digital 15-by-15-Inch Sublimation T-Shirt Heat Press, Red: Arts, Crafts & Sewing

Has anyone else bought this before and how does it work for you?
Does this press auto lock or do i have to press it down manually.

Currently when i press, the area closer to the machine applies perfectly with plastisol but the bottom of my designs dont press on as well.
What would this reason be?

Thank you all very much for the help :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have one and it has worked well thus far. The press should lock when you push it down. If it doesn't then loosen it up and you shouldn't have a problem. A good way to measure pressure is to take a couple $1 bills and place them around the three outer sides of the press, lock the press down (Not heated) and see if you can loosely pull the bills out. If they slide out go ahead and tighten just to the point wear the money wont budge. Do not over tighten. This method worked well for me but each transfer is different. Always good to cut up an experimental transfer and press the pieces of it a few times to make sure the pressure/heat combo is optimal!

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
It could be uneven temperatures on the heating element. You might want to pick up a laser heat gun to test. This is advertised as a 'sublimation' heat press and may not be suitable for all plastisol designs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.