T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a second hand Mug King BJ850 mug press so I could try printing mugs for the first time.

The press turns on and heats up, but I can't control the temp or the time. There's only one lcd panel, but there's a mode button that allows you to set the idle temp, the pressing temp and the timer. This button doesn't seem to work. Further, after being on for a while, the timer alarm comes on and stays on.

Other than that, the press seems to work fine, I was even able to press my first mug and it looked ok.

If anyone knows about this press or how I might be able to repair it or get parts, I would be very grateful.

· Registered
1,624 Posts
The press turns on and heats up, but I can't control the temp or the time. There's only one lcd panel, but there's a mode button that allows you to set the idle temp, the pressing temp and the timer. This button doesn't seem to work. Further, after being on for a while, the timer alarm comes on and stays on.QUOTE]

I bought a mug press that once it reached dwell time I put the mug in....then when it heated up and reached dwell time again the beeper comes on and wont go off...ahhh until I pushed the "set" (middle) button and then it started heating up to 400. Once it hit 400 it would count down and when timer hit 0 the alarm would come back on and stay on until I hit the button again... Chinese technology? :)

· Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am having same probs, were you able to fix this?
I'm afraid I was unable to fix it. My Mug King became a big paperweight. I ended up buying another machine off ebay and it works fine. I still have the Mug King, so if anyone responds with a fix (or a place to order spare parts), we'll both benefit.

· Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[QUOTE I bought a mug press that once it reached dwell time I put the mug in....then when it heated up and reached dwell time again the beeper comes on and wont go off...ahhh until I pushed the "set" (middle) button and then it started heating up to 400. Once it hit 400 it would count down and when timer hit 0 the alarm would come back on and stay on until I hit the button again... Chinese technology? :)[/QUOTE]

That sounds similar to the one I have now. Takes a bit of getting used to, but it's working.

· Registered
1,624 Posts
[QUOTE I bought a mug press that once it reached dwell time I put the mug in....then when it heated up and reached dwell time again the beeper comes on and wont go off...ahhh until I pushed the "set" (middle) button and then it started heating up to 400. Once it hit 400 it would count down and when timer hit 0 the alarm would come back on and stay on until I hit the button again... Chinese technology? :)
That sounds similar to the one I have now. Takes a bit of getting used to, but it's working.[/QUOTE]

Mine is a horizontal press I got off ebay and I modified it to accept steins and bottles. Couple hit and miss to start but spot on every time now. does great. I don't expect it to work forever but it has paid for itself many, many times what it cost so I'm prepared to buy another the second it starts to fail. This thing was like...70 bucks :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.