T-Shirt Forums banner

HELP with Gildan G42400 Sports Grey

1K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  NoXid 
#1 ·
I need some help here. All the suppliers we use (Alphabroder, S&S Activewear, Staton, Heritage, TSC) are all out of the G424000 sports grey in large.

I have 2 jobs that need to go out ASAP. Does anyone have 25 of the G42400 sports grey large that you would like to sell to help me out?

Thanks
Larry

#3 ·
Sorry ... what is the GS42400? The only place I see it coming up via google is in your post? Any chance there's a different stock number?

Reason for asking .....

I was looking for a specific Gildan tri-blend a couple weeks ago. After several days of searching, I contacted Gildan directly and found that they were no longer selling this specific shirt under the Gildan name for "wholesale purchasers."

Instead, they'd started selling the identical shirt under the Anvil name ...

#12 ·
I did some looking too and wasn't able to find any Gildan G424 in sport grey in size large. It looks like maybe there will be some more stock in the beginning of February.

If you aren't set on 100% polyester, the Gildan G840 is 50/50 cotton polyester, is available in sport grey in size large, and is a great option. The All Sport M3009 is a 100% polyester option, but the closest color option would be Sport Silver.

Hope that helps! Good luck :)

#13 ·
In calling all the distributors for gildan this week, I have a customer service rep tell me their buyer said that gildan is building a new facility next to the mill for drop shipments of less than case quantities. Which supposedly many of the distributors are sending some inventory items back their to reduce inventory and those items will now drop ship from North Carolina instead.

Not too sure how accurate this is...........has a little bs smell to it. I think gildan has major supply issues and can's get their sh*t together.................

#14 ·
If you do a search for Gildan shirts in wikipedia, there's some interesting information that fits with what I picked up via some email responses.

Looks like perhaps Gildan is moving to turn their own brand into a retail item while shifting their wholesale distributions to the Anvil brand.

I'd no idea until I researched it a bit that Gildan not only owns Anvil but also American Apparel, Auro, and Gold Pro.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.