T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how exactly to make Great Cut work??
I registered and got the software download but the license info I enter to activate Great Cut keeps saying "invalid code"....

just went through installing then uninstalling everything on a 64-bit computer but all this P.O.S. did was slide back & forth non-stop...

now I installed everything on a 32-it laptop and the activation code won't work...hope I didn't waste $500.00:mad:

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dump all files that have your cutter and great cut in them and clean your regestry then re-instal with the 64 drivers . you might of missed a step follow directions closely its a great cutter i use win pc 2012 i just let greatcut sit there and do nothing
GCC has the worst website ever...half of the links I clicked brought me to chinese letters...and everything you try to do you have to fill out your whole life story to get an answer that isn't there...man what a day...

what is WinPC 2012?

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
any idea why this POS would just keep zipping back & forth...starts from the right...slides to the left real slow then back to the right then stops for a few seconds...then continues to do that until I turn the power off...

can't get it to stop. none of the buttons on the dial pad do anything...WTF...brand new too...

if I knew for sure the cops wouldn't come to my house I'd shoot this thing about 40 times then burn it.:mad::mad::mad:
(VERY aggravated, sorry...)

· Registered
2,285 Posts
any idea why this POS would just keep zipping back & forth...starts from the right...slides to the left real slow then back to the right then stops for a few seconds...then continues to do that until I turn the power off...

can't get it to stop. none of the buttons on the dial pad do anything...WTF...brand new too...

if I knew for sure the cops wouldn't come to my house I'd shoot this thing about 40 times then burn it.:mad::mad::mad:
(VERY aggravated, sorry...)
Where did you purchase your cutter??

Your dealer is the first line of support NOT GCC!! if you read back about how people get frustrated because they can't get a hold of anyone at GCC it's because people on this forum send them there instead of the dealer they purchased it from.

If the dealer is telling you to call GCC, then that isn't great customer service on their part. In extreme cases, where a GCC dealer can not get you up and running should GCC be called.

But, it shouldn't always be the first answer when someone needs help! GCC doesn't sell cutters, their dealers do.
=========================

Now, take a deep breath
Did you get Great Cut to work?
Is there vinyl loaded?
Are you trying to get the material to read in Great Cut?

· Registered
2,285 Posts
Nope, not a dealer......Just someone who owns 2 of their cutters......
Being a dealer myself, it was made quite clear of what my responsibilities were and handing out GCC phone number (especially Ruth, whom I met in person and is a great person) was not one of them.

As I mentioned, in extreme cases yes it may be necessary but dealers are expected to be the first line of customer support. I don't think this is something that is too hard to ask for when you become a dealer.

When the Cut-3000 came out, Ruth was flooded with phone calls was that fair to her or the company since they don't directly sell them?
People become frustrated because they are located in CA and aren't always available to help them, but people like you and others on the forum keep pushing to call them.

Do you realize how many lurkers are on this forum? those that just read and don't participate so they take that information along with those that participate. Its a lot of calls, which gives a bad image to the company because they aren't at everyone's beckon call while dealers are the ones that are suppose to be responsible.

Ruth is very good at her job, she can easily go into your computer and fix the problem. But, how does that help the person at a later time when she isn't available. She isn't there to train you, that's what dealers are for.

So think twice when pushing someone to call GCC, you have access to the same things others have access too ..help them out instead of frustrating them by telling them to call GCC all the time.

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nope, not a dealer......Just someone who owns 2 of their cutters......
I wish mine worked...spent close to 10 hours playing with this damn thing...got help from dazzabling, followed instructions to a T and still nothing...
this is what I get...soooo tempted to smash the hell out of it...i HATE that noise now...
GCC Expert 24 Acting Crazy - YouTube

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So why was GCC so kind to put their toll free number on a label on my machines?....

I think they could make it a lot easier for folks if they put out materials that explained things better.....Their manuals are quite difficult to interpret at times....
no clue what's up with the toll-free numbers...but I damn-sure know they need to update their site, make WAY better installation instructions and make everything under the "English" tab actually English...not half chinese and half syntax...

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so this happens as soon as you turn it on? is the cutter plugged into the computer via USB cord?
I installed everything all over again from the links you helped me get...USB is plugged in & Expert24 shows in my "printers and devices"...I hit the power button to turn it on and craziness happens...

I thought maybe Great Cut might have something to do with it so I opened something I wanted to cut in Corel X5, sent it (tried to send) to Great Cut and the "license" box pops up...I enter all the info and it accepts it & shows the software is licensed to me then Great Cut never opens....
one big happy turn after the next:D:D:D...

· Registered
2,285 Posts
I installed everything all over again from the links you helped me get...USB is plugged in & Expert24 shows in my "printers and devices"...I hit the power button to turn it on and craziness happens...

I thought maybe Great Cut might have something to do with it so I opened something I wanted to cut in Corel X5, sent it (tried to send) to Great Cut and the "license" box pops up...I enter all the info and it accepts it & shows the software is licensed to me then Great Cut never opens....
one big happy turn after the next:D:D:D...
How did you try to send it? did you install multi-skin?

· Registered
6 Posts
Im currently having this same issue. back and forth back and forth on and on and on. Was hoping I could get some help with this as well?

*edit* I have fixed this problem thanks in part to someone else on this site. Check your pinch rollers either too far apart or too close together.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.