T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've recently started using FastFilms to do color separations but I seem to be stuck on some issues.

Does anyone here use FastFilms? If so, I need help with the Knouckout Shirt Color program because I'm not sure that I've done the thing correctly. I'm also ambivalent about the Chocking program.

Can anyone recommend a better software and that gives you a better manual? FastFilms's manual is fuzzy on many issues and sometimes doesn't explain very well. Its website doesn't offer much help either.

Thanks!

S.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
can you post a visual of the design so we can see exactly what your wanting to do.

As far as choking you select the areas of solic color you want to have a choke (on the underbase) using the selection tools. Uaually the magic wand. Do this on each specific channel that you want choked. Holding the Shift key I believe it is will enable you to add to your selections. Once you have everything selected that you want a choke, switch to the underbase plate and click the 1 or 3 pt choke routine. Thats all there is to it.

FF is actually a good program but you need to know some general Photoshop fundamentals and general color theory in order to get the most from the action set. I Have been using FF for around 5 years now. It is a good starting point for separations and help0s to speed the process up. You can get a decent print from the seps just by clicking the button and printing the seps, but some tweaking after will make them 100 times better. I will spend on average 2-3 hrs tweaking the seps tomake them perfect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts