T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Ive had a DTG Viper for just over two years. Its been used mainly for minor jobs in my dads business, but I want 2014 to be the year to put it to good use. I have a background in graphics and illustration and Ive printed a few shirts with my own designs which look great, but somehow dont seem to last.

I have been using Gildan shirts, but the quality is hit/miss. White and Black shirts look good but not great and colour shirts just look plain awful. Ive been using the Gildan Soft Style for colours and the Premium Cotton for black/white.

I like the fit of the soft style, but for some reason the white ink just wont stick to the garment. After one wash the print is cracked and falling apart.

The price range for Gildan is great and my supplier is fast so I have no issues there but I know I want something that can hold a print for a long time.

I pretreat and cure at 150 degrees celcius for 60-120 seconds

I want to start from the very beginning and source great blank shirts, great pretreatment, great inks. I just want to be able to provide beautiful, bright and long lasting shirts before I put money into marketing.

Hope you all can offer some advice
Thank you

Harmine :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Harmine, ive been doing alot of research and the issues youre having may have to do with the pre treatment and inks. im looking to buy a dtg printer myself shortly so have been researching heavily. also i would never use gildan shirts, i source canvas brand shirts from usa, the quality is better than any i have ever used for printing, better than american apparel, next level, and any locally available ones manufactured in asia. the extra few dollars is worth it in the end! check out neoflexprinter.com for inks and pre treatment, even drop them a line im sure they will help you. or try DTG here for their inks. hope that helps :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Harmine
I myself have found issues with different garments producing varied results. This can be rectified by washing them beforehand to remove the dress applied at manufacture. You can by garments that contain no dress and get much better results and also look for garments that have a nice tight knight like "New Milan". remember the print quality is only as good as the substrate you are printing to.

you should avoid printing shirt provided by customer especially AA as I have been provide them as 50/50 Poly-cotton and what you have is a cotton garment solution. You may get ok results but more often than not the quality is not of the highest standard.
You should try "New Milan" from T-shirt Magic or Sportage, both produce perfect prints when pretreated correctly on my Brother GT-3

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hi michael,

What suburb & state are you in ?
Thaks
Ferdz

Hi Harmine
I myself have found issues with different garments producing varied results. This can be rectified by washing them beforehand to remove the dress applied at manufacture. You can by garments that contain no dress and get much better results and also look for garments that have a nice tight knight like "New Milan". remember the print quality is only as good as the substrate you are printing to.

you should avoid printing shirt provided by customer especially AA as I have been provide them as 50/50 Poly-cotton and what you have is a cotton garment solution. You may get ok results but more often than not the quality is not of the highest standard.
You should try "New Milan" from T-shirt Magic or Sportage, both produce perfect prints when pretreated correctly on my Brother GT-3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts