T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to cut the attached design for window decals, can someone help me or tell me what I need to do to make it cut right? I have it in corel, but it doesn't cut right. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
Make sure your lettering is converted to curves and save it as a cmx file. I use signblazer software with my cutter and if I don't do these 2 things it will not cut. Don't know from your post if this might be your problem but for me that was why mine wouldn't cut.

hope this helps!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
right now it cuts the h and then cuts the banner on top of the h. how do I make it to cut as one piece?

·
Registered
35 Posts
right now it cuts the h and then cuts the banner on top of the h. how do I make it to cut as one piece?
Look at it in wireframe view. (Click View / Wireframe or Shift-F9 as a shortcut). That's what your cutter sees. You will probably need to use the weld tool to put the things together
that need to be cut as separate object.

·
Registered
51 Posts

you have to weld the two pieces together. Highlight them both, then go to arrange > shaping > weld. You might have to tweak it a little bit to get it to cut out right though

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You guys are all great! It still doesn't look right, but I'll see what they think. Thanks for your time!

·
Registered
11 Posts
You have ro break it all apart in Corel (Arange > Break curve apart). Then you can weld the rectangle into the H. To make it all one object again in Corel...Edit > Select all objects > Arrange > Combine.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I do see one potential problem right off the bat. Look at the border around huffman falcons where it meets the crossbar of your H. There isn't any border on the bottom side. It looks as though, the white around huffman falcons is a design element that you don't even need. You should remove it or trim it from any black behind it, but first fix the border I mentioned.

Ken

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm lost, is there anyone that does this that I can pay to fix it for me? The design came from smart designs

1 - 20 of 20 Posts