T-Shirt Forums banner

Help with Dark colored shirts (Black)

1909 Views 7 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  FatKat Printz
We are trying to decide if we want to purchase an Anajet machine. A lot of our printing witll be done on dark colored shirts and we understand about the pretreatment process. However, we have heard that the chemicals for the pretreatment contains toxins and formaldahide. Also, that when the print is complete on a black shirt, the design feels more like a heat press. Could anyone please clarify what we have been told.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
We are trying to decide if we want to purchase an Anajet machine. A lot of our printing witll be done on dark colored shirts and we understand about the pretreatment process. However, we have heard that the chemicals for the pretreatment contains toxins and formaldahide. Also, that when the print is complete on a black shirt, the design feels more like a heat press. Could anyone please clarify what we have been told.
The thickness of the design on a dark shirt will depend on the under base and yes it does have a feel like a heat press.
Okay, but, what about toxins that I am being told about with the pretreatment spray.
By no means do you drink it... but yes there are some chemicals including Formaldehyde

Here is the MSDS sheet off of Belquette website for their pretreat we use it everyday with no problems.

[media]http://www.belquette.com/MSDS/DU%20Pretreatment.pdf[/media]
Don't intend to drink it, just want to make sure that it will not have any affect on the customers that are going to be wearing the shirts. I am looking at the AnaJet printing and setup.
I was joking.. yes pretreat is very safe.. no need to worry just advise customers of washing before wearing because there will be a residue that will wash out.
I will add to research your printer choice as thoroughly as you have the pretreatment.
I second that... research the forums regarding your printer. For the most part, if the ink is DuPont based the pretreat would be too. If pretreat were unsafe there would be no market for colored shirts and that's 85% of my business..

so depending on your budget.. research other printers from the noise on the forums regarding that particular printer it seems risky. I have had people come to me about being unhappy with it but I don't have first hand knowledge.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.