T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a long time photoshop user, but I've been given a copy of Corel Draw 4X and like MOST of it's curves manipulation as opposed to paths in Photoshop. Just seems more intuitive. I do have a couple of questions:

1. If I have two touching paths, imagine the corner of a triangle overlapping another shape, say a circle. Both are cuves. Can I join them so they become one large curve? I tried combine, but that seems to leave the points on both curves in tack when I really wanted the two to merge.
  2. Is there a way to subtract one shape from another and have the result be a curve? Imagine a circle inside a square. I'd like to subtract the shape of the circle from inside the square with the remaining item to be a shape made of the original square curve with the circle shape extracted from inside the square.
Thanks for any pointers.

·
Registered
869 Posts
1. Try the Weld command.
2. Are you using your Object Manager? If you have two separate curves as you describe, each one will show in the OM unless they have been grouped. You can select them as you choose and delete which ever you wish. You also have a command to Break Curve Apart. I use X3 so you may have to look around for it in X4.
Does that answer your question?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Break Curve Apart is under Arrange. I have been using X4 for a while now and have never found any useful purpose for the Combine. I do use Weld quite frequently. If your circle and square are two separate curves, you can select either. If they are grouped, as Larry said, simply ungroup and manipulate as you desire. God Bless.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts