T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm President of a local soccer club and furnish our club with t-shirts for various functions. I'm starting to get the feeling that some club members think that I'm making a huge profit off of the shirts that I sell the club. Actually, you would probably think that I'm crazy selling them at the price that I do since I barely break even on materials.

So, it would be greatly appreciated if I could get a couple quotes to show our board what it would cost in the "real world".

110 White T-shirts (adult sizes)
One color full chest logo
Two heat pressed 6" numbers on back.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Being in a club sucks! There are always 4-5 people that do everything and 40-50 people that just complain about it. They do nothing but show up at the events and have no appreciation for the time and effort that those 4-5 people have put in. Even if you are "barely covering expenses" you might still be charging a higher price than the club can get by using a pro screen shop. Someone with an automatic that buys blanks by the pallet can knock this out in 60 minutes and then be on to the next job. Plus they paid less for everything than you did. They can sell the same job for less than you pay for materials and still make a profit.

I'd tell the club to shove it and make the biggest complainer head of the uniform committee from now on.

If you are not making a profit, and the club isn't saving any money then what is the point. Is all the work and hassle worth the aggravation??

·
Registered
37 Posts
From passed experience tell them it's a conflict of interest, and you would like to help them out but you can't, it's our company policy. Saves alot of headaches. You'l make it up on a "real" customer.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all of the quotes. I don't mind doing these at cost for the club and the kids (I started the club) but just want to prove that I am not taking advantage of my position. Someone at our last meeting jokingly said to me "Cha-ching" when the club decided to get these t-shirts.

Thanks again to everyone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts