T-Shirt Forums banner

Help with 1st piece of artwork...

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  splathead 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Well, I spent the weekend setting up everything and am ready to make my first shirt! This shirt is going to be for our co-ed softball team, so I'm pretty excited.

The issue I'm having is that I'm not sure on which type of transfer paper to use (light/opaque) and how it should be cut. In the image, the ball is white and from what I know about printing, I either need to print this on a white T or use an opaque printer to get the white. The problem is, if I want to use a grey shirt and go with opaque paper, I'll have a lot of trimming around and inside the image to get rid of all the white that I don't want. If I use the light transfer on a white shirt, I can let the shirt color be the white and not have to trim the inside of the artwork.

So...which is the best way to do this? If I use the light paper with a white shirt, do I just trim around the artwork as a whole and not worry about cutting the inside(transparent) area out? What about the words on the top and bottom. Do I make this part of the artwork, or do I separate the "artwork" from the "text" that's on the top and bottom?

See the attachment for a better idea of what I'm trying to say. This is just a small sample to upload...the original is about 9" wide and 300dpi.

Any help would be appreciated...thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
"What type of printer and transfer paper are you using?"

Whoops...forgot to mention. I have an Epson 1400 with CIS(pigmentation inks) and a GX-24 cutter.

"How many t-shirts are you making for them?"
I'm only doing about 12-15.

Thanks...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.