T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help guys.....

I want to move into doing stag shirts etc and bought stupidly and craft cutter off ebay, ITS CRAP....... Cant get straight edges on letters and angles on text are not sharp they just rounded...... Im sending it back to get a refund and am now on the search again.....

Can anyone please advise on a starter vinyl cutter that will happily do t shirt vinyl etc and doesn't cost the earth.. I am looking at the Craft Robo A4 but have seen 34" stanadlone cutter on ebay UK TEK PRESS for about £188..... Guys i really your help on this one.....

Thanks alot....

Craig

·
Registered
3 Posts
We use a Roland 24" cutter - its great. And there are several blades that you can get for cutting different materials like vinyl, twill and felt. Its a pretty smart machine. It comes with software which allows you to cut from vector images.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi. Graphtec also do a larger version of the craft robo.

Some of the cheaper cutters on EBay UK come from some of the lesser factories in China and are not too brilliant. Tek press website was recently showing a message saying account suspended, so you do have to be careful where you purchase from.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I looked at the Larger version of the Craft Robo but the finances won't quite stretch to that at the minute unfortunately...

I have seen some of these USCUTTERS on ebay...... Does anyone reading have one or used one?
Im always cautious of wide format cutters being too cheap and tend to stay away from them unless i have seen work done on them....

Appreciating everyones input so far... Keep it coming guys, i want to make an informed descision before i buy this time.....

Thanks

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I will tell you the UScutter brand vinyl cutters are really a great buy. I have a few friends that have them and they work great. I call them the frugal cutters. I hope this helps. ..... JB

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just saw your post now, so I might be too late LOL

I got a plotter from vinylcutters on ebay with the software signblazer elements. It arrived quickly and works well. They have quite a few on auction so depending how many are bidding decides what the end price is. Mine was a foison c24.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am a small set up at the moment and I have a Craft Robo (just the small one) and to be fair it does the job.

I wouldnt recommend it if you are doing alot of cutting as it is limited in performance (it heats up quick and likes a 20 min rest every so often!!! :D) but the cut is good.

As a starting point thought I have found it a reasonable piece of kit.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have a craftmate 330 which is the A3 one and it is always been used, it has the optical eye and comes with software and i think i got mine for about 180.
I have other large cutter from 24" and up but the craftmate 330 was one of my better buys and would say for the price try get one you`ll not be disapointed. ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
i use Roland camm1 servo gx24. max width cutting 58.8cm, i've used it almost 2 years, and still in good condition. quiet, and can get high accuracy. ... have fun to make stencil t-shirt & cutting sticker.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I bought a USCutter couple of years ago . . . I was leary at first . . . but it has been a great asset to my screen shop. I create all of the art work in Corel and with the plugin that sign software installs for Corel it exports it nicely. There is a way to direct cut from Corel but I haven't much luck in making it work.

I mostly use it for number on the back of shirts . . it cuts real nice. It uses Roland compatible blades which makes it nicer. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have a craftmate 330 which is the A3 one and it is always been used, it has the optical eye and comes with software and i think i got mine for about 180.
I have other large cutter from 24" and up but the craftmate 330 was one of my better buys and would say for the price try get one you`ll not be disapointed. ;)

TVS i have a CUTOK DC330 that i got on ebay
1. i dont know how to use it becos i dont have a user manual
2. wat software can i use for it can.

can you help with all this thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought a USCutter couple of years ago . . . I was leary at first . . . but it has been a great asset to my screen shop. I create all of the art work in Corel and with the plugin that sign software installs for Corel it exports it nicely. There is a way to direct cut from Corel but I haven't much luck in making it work.

I mostly use it for number on the back of shirts . . it cuts real nice. It uses Roland compatible blades which makes it nicer. Hope this helps.
I desperately need some help with the Cutok/Craftmate DC330. All seems okay except I can't get the print and cut to register properly even using the machine's own software (Cutok master). I don't have a manual (except in Chinese!). The cut always starts too low, about an inch lower than it should be even though I use the laser registration to line it up before cutting. ANY suggestions most welcome! Cheers.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I am a small set up at the moment and I have a Craft Robo (just the small one) and to be fair it does the job.

I wouldnt recommend it if you are doing alot of cutting as it is limited in performance (it heats up quick and likes a 20 min rest every so often!!! :D) but the cut is good.

As a starting point thought I have found it a reasonable piece of kit.
Hi Jade,
You're cutting too fast! I've got one of those as well as a larger machine;) If you turn it down to cutting speed '3' it will cut all day!
Hope this helps

Phil

1 - 20 of 26 Posts