T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just get an t-shirt order today but the i notice that the white t- shirts are too thin

even the color of the skin can be seen

i get jerzees 363m and hanes 5280 both heavyweight

any comments or recomentations what can i buy ?

thanks.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
White t-shirts are usually more prone to "see through ness" than other colors.

I think the Hanes Beefy t-shirt will not be as see through and other ringspun cotton 6.1 oz weight tees.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Gildan 2000 is 6.1 oz. White is often on sale. Go to gildan.com and look for distributor near you.

I also liked the Hanes Authentic 6.1 oz but is a little more expensive. Plus have to be careful not to heatpress the "tagless" label. Pain to clean off upper platen plus easy to get on a new blank if you don't realize you heatpressed the tag:mad:

I have always liked wearing the Hanes Beefy T...but the blanks cost quite a bit more.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm new to forums so i hope that I'm using it correctly. I would like to know opinions on which are great tshirt companies to buy wholesale from. I like the philosophy, quality and colors that american apparel offers. Does any one have any tips for similar quality shirt companies that they recommend?:) Thanx

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
suzieh said:
I also liked the Hanes Authentic 6.1 oz but is a little more expensive. Plus have to be careful not to heatpress the "tagless" label. Pain to clean off upper platen plus easy to get on a new blank if you don't realize you heatpressed the tag:mad:
I've also heard the label sometimes shows through the back of the shirt on lighter colours - have you had any problems with that?

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
la sirena said:
I like the philosophy, quality and colors that american apparel offers. Does any one have any tips for similar quality shirt companies that they recommend?
Alternative Apparel and Royal Apparel are common suggestions for similar companies. Both have the advantage of not being run by Dov Charney, which a lot of people consider a massive advantage indeed. I'm told American's colour range is better than Alternative's (I haven't compared them, but it is easy enough to believe - range is one thing American Apparel are extremely good at).

My limited exposure to Alternative Apparel has been positive, and a few other people here have been happy with them. Royal I have no experience with (but have heard good things about, though nothing recent).

·
Registered
125 Posts
did you check out their quality through getting samples? since most of the suppliers would like to off the samples free of charges for checking out the quality. so i suggest you could ask for the samples next time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts