T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I could use some help with saving ai files to eps files.

What are the options I should select when saving artwork first as an ai file to make it screen printer ready?

Secondly, what are the options to save the ai file to eps? For example, what should the raster effects resolution be? 72 ppi? Or should it be higher? If higher, how do I make the ppi higher?

When I go to save ai to eps, a screen comes up called "eps options". The first box called preview box says "Format: TIFF(8-bit color)" with transparency checked. Is this correct?

And in the options box I'm not sure which options should be checked.

For the those on the forum using Illustrator how do you all make your tee designs screen printer ready?

Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.:)

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
the preview info is just that - the lil preview you see when selecting the file from the program open menu. Its only a preview. If you uncheck it the file size will be slightly smaller than one with the preview.

Are you sure you need to save your ai file to an eps? If the printer can open an eps they should have no problems opening the ai file. Make sure you convert all your fonts to outlines before saving/exporting.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I use Illustrator almost exclusively and I always save my files as AI for my screenprinters. If you need to save as an EPS file, usually the default settings will be fine. Just be sure to save in the most current version. Older versions may not save some of your effects as well.

Cotton Theory said:
For the those on the forum using Illustrator how do you all make your tee designs screen printer ready?
Just like Fluid said, always change your fonts to outlines for sure. As a courtesy, I always remove any unused colors from my pallet. That way the printer will know exactly what pms colors are used.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts