T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have finally started doing business, but, already, I am having much trouble reclaiming screens. . . the other day i finally printed some shirts off for my band, and they turned out very good, but i didn't have the plastisol remover yet for the ink i used, and i was in a hurry, so i left the screen for a couple days, upon returning, the plastisol remover had come in the mail. . . using this and then the emulsion remover, that screen washed out to where i can see through it, but the previous design is very dark, and actually, in the next screen i tried making out of it, there are some white ink spots still in the screen, and therefore, the prints obviously showed exactly where those spots were. . . i had used the same ink to print different shirts right before i tried washing both of them out, and the freshly used screen did wash out better, but there is still parts around the edges that are not very clean. . . small spots of emulsion AND ink that won't wash out! i also have some water based inks, and the baffling part of those is: what do i do when they don't wash out with water no matter how hard i am squirting. . . i would like to get going on some other screens, but i feel like burning more screens with ink and such stuck in the designs would be a big waste of time, much less emulsion, because i am running kinda low right now, just did order more though. . . help me please. . . is there by any chance a chemical made to take out both the emulsion and plastisol ink at once? that would be nice? how can i fix this?/GET MY SCREENS CLEAR AND CLEAN AGAIN?!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
o. . . yeah, i got one of those, i suppose it would be time now to dig that out, i was just thinking that it would be something with my chemicals or something that i was missing, cause i was getting a pretty large amount of pressure right from my hose, and stuff isn't coming out all the way, and i didn't want to take any chances of damaging my screens so i wasn't quite sure what to do.

·
Registered
409 Posts
i always use the pressure washer for reclaiming screens. i think ours is 1500 psi, on the fan spray setting. no problems.

works great to blast out leftover ink residues that could be problematic as well as making sure the emulsion all washes out.

derek

1 - 5 of 5 Posts