T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When printing on Brother GT541 we are getting lines printing on artwork - this does not happen all the time, lines are random in size and now we are getting a horizontal dotted line printing at top of bitmaps (at random of course). Upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7 & CDR13 to CDR15. Did not have this problem prior to this. Anyone else having these issues? Any ideas on how to solve this? Thank you, Susan:confused: PS I can email you picture to better understand what I have difficulty in explaining...

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE
I posted this to the thread yesterday, but see it didn't get included in thread??? Anyway, a solution has been found. Seems the output drivers on Windows 7 64 bit are quite different than that of Windows XP. Juan from Brother and Tony from CorelDRAW suggested "using the Print as bitmap function on the General tab of the print dialog" and it appears to be working!!! I've done several test prints with and without the 'print as bitmap' selected and each time it has corrected the problem. Time will tell, but right now it feels pretty good! My thanks to everyone for helping!

· Registered
1,954 Posts
When printing on Brother GT541 we are getting lines printing on artwork - this does not happen all the time, lines are random in size and now we are getting a horizontal dotted line printing at top of bitmaps (at random of course). Upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7 & CDR13 to CDR15. Did not have this problem prior to this. Anyone else having these issues? Any ideas on how to solve this? Thank you, Susan:confused: PS I can email you picture to better understand what I have difficulty in explaining...
Susan, Are you resizing the artwork? what format? A file that was set to "interlaced" (for example a web graphic) may do this if resized on the fly rather than enlarged in a photo editing program or resampled within the page layout. If you export or print from Corel, make sure that any imported graphic or or corel's print setting are set the same as previous.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Susan, Are you resizing the artwork? what format? A file that was set to "interlaced" (for example a web graphic) may do this if resized on the fly rather than enlarged in a photo editing program or resampled within the page layout. If you export or print from Corel, make sure that any imported graphic or or corel's print setting are set the same as previous.
Hi Z,
This happens at random with imported customer vector or bitamp art and with art created to size in CDRx5 and printed to GT541 directly from CDRx5 upon creation. Having a little trouble responding correctly - think I've got a picture attached. That's what happens when you're a 'newbie' :)Thanks, Susan

Attachments

· Registered
1,954 Posts
Those look to be vector post-script issues. If these have a tremendous amount of nodes in the artwork, reducing them may help. If you can zoom into the artwork, there may be specific nodes in those areas that need to be taken car of. There is possibly some advanced settings in the print dialog of corel as well.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those look to be vector post-script issues. If these have a tremendous amount of nodes in the artwork, reducing them may help. If you can zoom into the artwork, there may be specific nodes in those areas that need to be taken car of. There is possibly some advanced settings in the print dialog of corel as well.
Thank you for giving me a starting point - I think I'll start with corel advanced print settings...Thank you, Susan

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you think rendering intent could cause this? Had relative colorimetric selected and just changed this to perceptual...

· Registered
4,817 Posts
I would try to eliminate the issue being related to a vector file and CorelDraw. I would ask the customer to send you the artwork as a JPG. This will flatten the file. Then I would open the artwork up in a raster image program (i.e. Photoshop or even Microsoft Paint) and print it from there. If the mysterious lines go away, then you know it is related to the artwork.

Best wishes,

Mark

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would try to eliminate the issue being related to a vector file and CorelDraw. I would ask the customer to send you the artwork as a JPG. This will flatten the file. Then I would open the artwork up in a raster image program (i.e. Photoshop or even Microsoft Paint) and print it from there. If the mysterious lines go away, then you know it is related to the artwork.

Best wishes,

Mark
Hi Mark,
I agree with your 'process of elimination'. I don't believe it is in the artwork as some of the images are re-prints that we have used for a few years and didn't have problems with until we upgraded to Windows 7 64 and CDRX5. However, I just did some test printing on another computer using CDRX5 on Windows XP and the images printed fine; so, am thinking my problem could be with Windows 7 and/or GT541 print driver or ??? My mind is just spinning right now :rolleyes: Any thoughts on this are appreciated. Thanks, Susan

· Registered
4,817 Posts
Did you make sure that you downloaded the Windows 7 64-bit driver? You can do this from Brother Owner's login website. If you installed it from a CD, it was probably not the right driver. You might want to consider trying to uninstall the driver and reinstall the 64-bit driver just to make sure.

With the artwork in Corel X5, save it out as a PDF file (Publish as a PDF) and then try to print it directly from Adobe Reader. That might help eliminate Corel X5.

If neither of those work, I would suggest contacting Brother's Tech Support line.

Good luck!

Mark

· Registered
25 Posts
We moved to a new laptop with Win 7 32 bit Home Premium for use with the GT541. Still using the gt541 driver on CD. No problems.
However you may link this to a separate problem we had with Win 7. We installed 7 Professional on our desktop which feeds our Tajima embroidery machine with floppies. After 2 weeks of lost work and $200 in new parts, we discovered that Win 7 DOES NOT SUPPORT INTERNAL FLOPPIES!!!
So the Win 7 drivers to output files are NOT THE SAME AS XP!!!
We spent hours and hours on the phone with Wilcom and Tajima techs only to discover it was Microsoft causing the problem.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We moved to a new laptop with Win 7 32 bit Home Premium for use with the GT541. Still using the gt541 driver on CD. No problems.
However you may link this to a separate problem we had with Win 7. We installed 7 Professional on our desktop which feeds our Tajima embroidery machine with floppies. After 2 weeks of lost work and $200 in new parts, we discovered that Win 7 DOES NOT SUPPORT INTERNAL FLOPPIES!!!
So the Win 7 drivers to output files are NOT THE SAME AS XP!!!
We spent hours and hours on the phone with Wilcom and Tajima techs only to discover it was Microsoft causing the problem.
That is very interesting - and very good to know! Thank you for sharing! Susan

· Registered
4,817 Posts
There is a huge difference between print drivers from a 32 bit computer to a 64 bit computer (which is what the O.P. has). Installing a 32 bit driver on a 64 bit computer is not going to give you the desired results. That is the point that I was trying to convey. Just need to make sure that the correct driver for the operating system being used is installed. This is why Brother offers different drivers for a Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit computers. (See screenshot below).

Mark

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.