T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Forum Friends,

I am again having problems with the DTG KIOSK II. For whatever reason I can get it to print if I use the Epson 2200 printer, but when I try to print with the Kiosk w/ White Ink it is completely non-responsive. I have tried printing just one letter "B", I then converted that one letter to a bitmap...but it still won't respond at all. When I hit the print command and then look at the DTG RIP PRO Queue, it will show up as Graphic and says the staus is waiting. It will just wait and wait and wait. It will never get beyond that part. If anyone can offer any help at all it would much appreciated!!

Thanks Again and Again!! Lori

·
Banned
877 Posts
Make sure that you Epson 2200 and the output queues are on the same usb port, if not change the queues to match the Epson 2200.
Dan
"HAPPY PRINTING"

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
In this case, I don't think it has to do with the Ports being set incorretly. If this was the case, the job should rip properly and be sitting in the output queue... but will never make it to the Epson driver. I would make sure that you don't have the RIP paused. Go to the RIP Interface and click on the Incoming Job tab. Make sure that you have not paused the RIP in this screen.

There is also the possibility that the software has been changed via a Windows or antivirus update. If this is the case, then I would just do an uninstall / reinstall to see if that resolves the problem.

Let us know if these suggestions work for you,

Mark

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Mark,

I actually just recently had a new hard drive installed on my laptop. The computer guy said that he "mirrored" my new hard drive...or basically copied it from the old one. He said that my Windows XP was corrupt or something along that line. Do you know how I go about doing the uninstall/reinstall? I think the software that came with the Kiosk only had one download left on it. I bought the machine used, so I guess the software must have been used on one or more computers before I got it.

Thanks so much! I greatly appreciate your time and knowledge! If you have a moment and can tell me how to do the reinstall I would be grateful;-)

Thanks Again and Have a Wonderful Afternoon!! Lori

·
Banned
877 Posts
It should print even though it was not validated but it would print a iProof water mark as well as your design.
Dan
"HAPPY PRINTING"

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Lori,

Just to clarify above, the job is stopping in the Incoming Jobs tab and is listed as "Waiting". Is it possible that you have defaulted your setting in the RIP to hold a job for approval? If not, the odds are when you I.T. guy ghosted your hard drive, it corrupted one of the RIP files. I am kinda shocked that the RIP is not crashing. You might be able to right click on the file name in the Incoming Jobs tab and click on the Hold / Release option. That might send the job through the RIP.

Dan is correct. It will still print if it is not validated. So that is a different issue we can talk about later. Here is some information that will allow you to uninstall the software without losing the validation (if you have one) - Upgrading MultiRIP Hybrid Dual Ink Software - Sublimation, Film Positive, Inkjet Transfers & More. There are videos and PDFs that will walk you through the process, but the name of the drivers / queues will be different as this is for a similar product made by the same manufacturer. Go through this process and see if this clears up your problem. Make sure you follow all the uninstall steps as well.

Mark

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
I have to agree here it defintely sounds like a rip problem. I have to, every once in a while do a reinstall on mine, as I do rarely get files that get corrupted. I reinstall has always taken care of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts