T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I hope that somebody on here may be able to help me, I came across this site when googling distressed t shirt printing!

Has anybody seen those distressed/vintage retro style t shirts 'little miss' eg 'Little miss giggles' ? As I want to get one printed as a present for a friend but change the giggles part to another specific word. I could prob have this done but it wouldn't have the distresesed look that i'm after and wondered if anyone here can help please??!

Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
If you can get the artwork done, then you just apply a distressed filter in Photoshop (or other graphics program) to scratch out bits of the graphic. Fade the colours a bit (again, easy in a graphics program) if you want the ink to look a little age faded. Final step is to get it printed on a DTG printer. Commercially these images would be screenprinted, but for a one off that would be far too expensive. DTG will give you the next best thing - it'll still be soft, and should still be a nice vintage result like you're after.

Whoever you had in mind when you said you could probably get this done should have no problem doing the extra modifications to make the image look distressed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts