T-Shirt Forums banner

help please?

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Solmu 
#1 ·
this is my first post and you will find a few questions im sure but my main one is ,about the website design, I am wondering if you can still have good business without having an ecommerce site?In other words could i still have
a descent business with a regular non e commerce site with just a phone# and product #:confused: . Im basically in this situation for lack of $$$$ and it is alot cheaper i believe to go basic but will it be more of a problem than its worth.Thank you in advance I am a newbie with an idea and a dream so this is the first of many seemingly common knowledge type questions ,so thank you very much for your time and patience

#2 ·
Hi Terry,

To answer your question, it is possible but unlikely. You will lose a lot of sales with this particular approach.

Also, it's not that much more expensive to have an e-commerce enabled site. In fact, there are a lot of free shopping cart programs out there that will work with a lot of hosting companies by default.

#3 ·
Im basically in this situation for lack of $$$$ and it is alot cheaper i believe to go basic but will it be more of a problem than its worth.
You will be losing a LOT of sales if you do not have a way for customers to buy right from your site with a credit card. Especially for low ticket items like t-shirts.

It doesn't cost any money to get setup with PayPal.com or even the new Google Checkout (http://checkout.google.com). You can easily add those to a site and begin taking credit cards without a full blown "ecommerce" site (although an "ecommerce" site is probably not as scary or expensive as you are imagining :))

#7 ·
sorry it took awhile just a site where customers have the ability to purchase items from your site without a hassle of having to deal with sighning up with a pay pal ust to buy 1 or 2 shirts be cause i really dont know if i would go through al the hassle .I do use pay pal foer all of my poker accounts thats more a regular thing than purchasing clothing online.and what would u say the average price of a fully functional website with the shopping carts or something as hassle free ty again rodney and also any recommended sites

#8 ·
sorry it took awhile just a site where customers have the ability to purchase items from your site without a hassle of having to deal with sighning up with a pay pal ust to buy 1 or 2 shirts be cause i really dont know if i would go through al the hassl
A customer does not have to signup for paypal to buy t-shirts. They can pay straight with a credit card and never signup for a PayPal account.

The Google checkout link above will also allow you to accept credit cards for no upfront cost to you.

If you have a webhosting account already, check with your host. They may have a free shopping cart that you can setup. www.cubecart.com is a good free shopping cart.

#9 ·
terryd 420 said:
In other words could i still have a descent business with a regular non e commerce site with just a phone# and product #:confused: .
Maybe if you were selling in wholesale quantity, but definitely not retail.

Obviously you can have a successful business without an eCommerce equipped website, but in that case you won't be making any of your sales off the web. The internet is not the only way to make money however.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.