T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am in the mixed of trademarking my logo too. I am only 23 and haven't yet gotten enough money to submit an app yet either. I got on the site that talks about trademarking and it said you can use the trademark logo until everything goes through. Here is where I read that. If I read it wrong please advise me. I too would like to know if there is a cheaper way to do it. It would make me feel better. Hope this helps:)

When can I use the trademark symbols TM, SM and ®?

Any time you claim rights in a mark, you may use the "TM" (trademark) or "SM" (service mark) designation to alert the public to your claim, regardless of whether you have filed an application with the USPTO. However, you may use the federal registration symbol "®" only after the USPTO actually registers a mark, and not while an application is pending. Also, you may use the registration symbol with the mark only on or in connection with the goods and/or services listed in the federal trademark registration.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I live in a small town and the slogan I want to use is a branch off of our town name. Okoboji----Okobooti. I think it will be very popular as someone else already has--"univeristy of okoboji" Even though there is no UofO here. It ballooned and locals tried to steal it. I'm real nervous about just putting it out there without it being protected. Where do I get a copyright from?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.