T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am looking for a heat transfer (paper?) that I can print photo quality print (so not just one or two colours) and will:
1) have excellent stretching qualities - no cracking
2) have good washing and drying qualities - not fade after a few washes
3) not require to wash once to remove any film and no ironing needed either

And if possible not be a peel paper? - so I don't have to peel the backing then put in on and press - BUT if this is the only way to get the above qualities that is ok then.

I don't mind if I have to cut out or plot out the excess.

Mostly will be going on American Apparel clothing mostly 100% cototn and polyester combinations.

the transfer has to be good for retail sales.

I am located in north America - Toronto, CANADA,

I'd appreciate any help!
Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Well I was thinking Jetprosofstretch for light/white shirts, especially when you said you would use a plotter to trim the excess. But when I got to the AA shirts, and retail quality, hestitation. Would you be able to order your designs in plastisol? That may be best to suit your needs.

It's not that folks don't sell JPSS via retail markets, but, generally, and not always mind you, a shirt like AA would tend to be used more with DTG, Screen, or Plastisols. More likely with JPSS you'll see shirts like Gildans, Jerzees, Hanes... generally.

Maybe you should sample the JPSS heat transfer paper on an AA shirt to see if this combination of products is that quality you are looking for.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Hi Omar and Kelly will I was able to sell over 300 Bamboo shirts this sumer at $20.00 per shirt. and every one was very surprised on how they felt and how will JPSS hold up on Bamboo. Made some good money on them I think after printing, trimming and pressing I had $9.00 in to each shirt so it was prety good to me hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Of course it does, thank you, David. :) It's always good to hear of JPSS living up to these high standards in the retail world. More and more folks are going this route. It's not a choice for everyone, but more people are rolling with it. Thanks again, David. Bamboo is considered a premium fabric, isn't it?

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Yes it is and ECO friendly lot of people are starting to pay for this I start at $20.00. But been told that is cheap and I should go up in price. But for know while the market goes up and down I will stick to this price and go up after the new year.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello,
Thanks for the responses!

So with JPSS I still need to peel of the backing correct?

Most suppliers carry this? any suggestions - I am located in Toronto Canada.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any suggestions for suppliers or line of plastisols? and do they aslo need to be peeled?

Thanks!

Well I was thinking Jetprosofstretch for light/white shirts, especially when you said you would use a plotter to trim the excess. But when I got to the AA shirts, and retail quality, hestitation. Would you be able to order your designs in plastisol? That may be best to suit your needs.

It's not that folks don't sell JPSS via retail markets, but, generally, and not always mind you, a shirt like AA would tend to be used more with DTG, Screen, or Plastisols. More likely with JPSS you'll see shirts like Gildans, Jerzees, Hanes... generally.

Maybe you should sample the JPSS heat transfer paper on an AA shirt to see if this combination of products is that quality you are looking for.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
With JPSS you peel the the backing off just after heat pressing, this is hot peel. There is a great post on here some where on Cold Peeling JPSS. Just search for cold pressing JPSS

Alan

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for that link, I really like this JPSS so far.. I will try this cold peel with the repress and then streatch method, you think parchment is better than teflon for this? I have both.

Alan

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Neither is bad for this. Some folks say they like the parchment paper better because it leaves a smoother feel on the top. Since you are doing cold peel to achieve a smooth feel, seems like parchment may be right for you. You could always try both to see if you feel or see a difference in the finish. Good luck... Kelly

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello All,

Thank for all the links! Iam just abotu to go throught them...just a quick clarification: I don't mind the PEELING AFTER I press, it before I press that I don't want. I currently use a cold peel (meaning I peel off the backing after its been pressed and cooler) and I also use hot peel (for text and logos only) were I peel off the backing a second or two after I press.

So your sayign that there are transfer papers that I can ink jet print (photo image) onto, countour cut, then press (no pre peeling) then cold or hot peel corect?

I'll now do my DD...jsut wanted to make sure we were talkign abotu the same thing.

thanks to all!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi, I checkout out three of these companies but none sells just the transfer paper (alone/blank) that I can print on...I'd have to get them to do a custom run.
I am looking to print them myself - I tried one paper so far but you have to PEEL it BEFORE you Press.

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Omar, are you talking about plastisols or inkjet heat transfer papers?

Inkjet heat transfers papers like Jetprosofstretch come out of the package blank, like a regular piece of paper. Then you select the image you wish to print, load a piece of JPSS into the paper feed, and send it thru. After it is printed (some folks let it have a drying time, some don't), after it is printed you then transfer it to the shirt. Once transfered, you peel the back of the paper off and the image is on the shirt.... (left some steps of heat press out, I can link those to you if you like. :))

I haven't used plastisols yet, but I believe those are also transfered with a backer paper in place. YOu can hot or cold peel, depending on what the directions call for. There are different kinds.

If you want to make you own custom plastisols at home, you need to own screen print equipment, and you buy special backer paper for this, and screen the designs onto the backer paper yourself.

Does this help at all? Sorry if not, I'm a little wee bit confused by your post. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Okay thanks!! Yes then, its the INKJET papers that I am intrested in....I tried one-but it was done were the backing was peeled before the pressing? but your saying that it is removed after pressing? I wonder what I was shown? I am looking looking for a good quality injet transfer paper then, good stretch and washing capabilities...any recommendations and supplier(s)?

Thank you Kelly!!

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Okay thanks!! Yes then, its the INKJET papers that I am intrested in....I tried one-but it was done were the backing was peeled before the pressing?
Was it for a dark shirt? The dark/opaque papers are peeled before they are pressed. It is printed without mirroring the image, and then the printed image is peeled off of the backing paper, and is placed "face up" on the shirt and pressed with a type of parchment paper over top.

If someone was showing you are dark transfer paper, that makes total sense.

but your saying that it is removed after pressing?
A light transfer paper is peeled after it is pressed. It is printed with the image being "mirrored" or "flipped" and then pressed face down, and after the pressing, the paper is peeled off the shirt and the image looks the right way again. You were probably shown a paper for darks.

I am looking looking for a good quality injet transfer paper then, good stretch and washing capabilities...any recommendations and supplier(s)?

Thank you Kelly!!

For lights: Jetprosofstretch (JPSS) find it at tshirtsupplies.com, New milford photo, and others, just search here or google for more choices, but these two have great prices.

For darks: Ironall Dark/everlast dark (new milford or coastal) or JetWear (tshirtsupplies.com)

Good luck... Kelly

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Okay, and yes I called him and thats also what he said.....so for the darks, you need a different transfer paper with peeling before....I get it now...Now things are starting to make sense!
I will look into these and prices...

Thanks again Kelly!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts