T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im new to heat press and im doin this for about a month and frankly im really disappointed with the results.. ived experimented on 2 dozen or less tshirts (no brand name and cheap) but still aint got the result i want.. the problem is that when i heat press the transfer paper (tried using 180, 150 and 130 heat dunno if its Celsius) with various length of time (15s - 30s for 180, 120s for 150 and 320 for 130 heat respectively) but still i got disappointing results. i just want the transfer paper to transfer the material "perfectly".. i mean the edge seems to go off or doesnt stick that much on the tshirt or textile 9tried using a variety of cotton textile too).. the stated settings of my heat press machine are the ones who didnt burn the shirt away or the material (i experience burning them both) and when i go far than those settings the material left on the shirt seems "over cooked" perfectly fitted and pressed but the image is distorted or its like burnt on some areas... im using frequency light transfer paper (made in china i think) and the heat press machine im using is the china made 15x15 heat press i saw somewhere in the forums... i got no problem with inks at all im just disappointed with my results when i transfer them to the shirt.. any help would be appreciated.. thank you for reading...im from the Philippines btw

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi cedriz,

try this procedures for china transfer paper, works good for me. If you're using light transfer paper for white or light coloured shirt, set temperature to 200 degrees celcius and press for 20-25 seconds (hot peel or cold peel). If you're using dark for black or dark coloured shirt, set temperature to 180 and press for 5-7 seconds. hope it helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts