T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help. I landed my first job to put vinyl on a van. They want a large font with one color, then they want the font to have a shadow of a different color. My sign software could not separate the font and the shadow, or give options to leave a small gap between the two. What i had to do was copy the font, over lay it, then cut and past to make it look like a shadow (or block look). Problem is now I have to place to colors right next to each other.

The question I have is how to line up the two colors when I go to lay them on the van (best way, trick of the trade). I cut the same font on two colors, on one I left the letters, on the other I left the shadow, but when I go to lay them down, there is no room for error (to avoid overlap). I printed both with registration crosses at each corner, but would like to know the best way to make sure I lay the second color where it is suppose to be. Hope this makes sense. Help greatly appreciated, I need to lay the vinyl tonight.

Going forward, should I have just designed it so that the vinyl overlaps (lay shadow color first, then font color on top)? Not sure on pros and cons of placing vinyl on vinyl.

Thanks,

· Registered
2,763 Posts
I personally always lay two vinyls on top of each other at shop because it is to me easier to do : )
You can wet apply it on van with no problem to....lay down first one than use some Rapid Tac or soap water to position letter over shadow

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.