T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for Bible Camp t-shirts that appeal in the long run. What we are finding is that truly "christian" designs sell only moderatly well...but the kids don't WEAR them after they leave the camp, does that make sense??

What I would like to do is come up with an idea for some pre-teen, early teen type designs that are just "fashion" and put the bible camp logo on the sleeve or back neck... downplaying the christian but having it still there.

I don't do much in that age range...any ideas out there?

Thanks
Kathy
QI DESIGNS

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I agree with jdr....you can't do it by stealth. Go full on, balls out satire. Like a forest scene with rabbits and lions smiling and holding hands, jesus skipping, and a giant rainbow.

Feed the postmodern Christian child with postmodern satirical pastiche.

·
Registered
249 Posts
quilterk8 said:
for Bible Camp t-shirts that appeal in the long run. What we are finding is that truly "christian" designs sell only moderatly well...but the kids don't WEAR them after they leave the camp, does that make sense??

What I would like to do is come up with an idea for some pre-teen, early teen type designs that are just "fashion" and put the bible camp logo on the sleeve or back neck... downplaying the christian but having it still there.

Thanks
Kathy
QI DESIGNS
Of all people to respond to this thread you likely did not expect me. I did a very hip design for a group of teens last year for a Christian retreat. I'd be glad to share some ideas with you if you'd like. Private message me and we can discuss.

·
Registered
117 Posts
quilterk8 said:

Thanks
Kathy
QI DESIGNS
which is true because most of the christian designs are too kiddie n cheesy, no offense, im a PK myself... but I think if you incorporate the "new" sense of thinking, trend and style you can get kids to wear the clothes after bible camp. Here's an idea I'll give you that I was working on, take three crosses, make them look like they are on a hill, have the middle one be a bit larger and on the bottom you can put Third Day.. just simple stuff like that you can even use like browns and earthy tones n spray bleach so its kinda makes it look vintage or aged.. make it look like paint splatter which is in now too! then you'll get kids wearing these shirts after your camp
cheers

·
Registered
227 Posts
quilterk8 said:
and put the bible camp logo on the sleeve or back neck...
I have been doing quite a bit of sleeve printing lately for small businesses... It seems to be catching on in this corner of the world.... instead of putting a second small print on the front chest they have been asking for it on the left sleeve...
Its just different enough that it might work for you too.... Either way Good Luck!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Jesus never fails. (Jesus slam dunking a basketball).

Gansta Christian.(Jesus in hip-hop clothes with an ipod).

Angels like pink too.(Angels in with cute pink outfits and heels).

·
Registered
117 Posts
lawaughn said:
Jesus never fails. (Jesus slam dunking a basketball).

Gansta Christian.(Jesus in hip-hop clothes with an ipod).

Angels like pink too.(Angels in with cute pink outfits and heels).

OMG, i just fell off my computer chair reading your second idea... not only is it going to be an ipod, it has to be the new 60 Gig Video Ipod with uhhh the Passion of the Christ playing on it!

cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts