T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, i brought a vinyl cutter of ebay, ones of those cheap ones.

i now have some money saved up from it, and want to get into the vinyl printing and cutter.

i have seen machine that do this im currently looking at a

HP DesignJet 1050C 1050 A0 36" Wide Format Colour Poster Printer C6074A

or something like a graphtec,

i would like to print onto a tshirts, transfere paper and also cut vinyl, i have 1000 pound to send, and the idea machine would be a 24inch. possible 32 inch,

please give advice many thanks martin UK

· Registered
2,977 Posts
32 inch is overkill. 24" is good. However, you are talking about 2 different types of machines. A printer will just print. A cutter will just cut. There are printer/cutters but they start at $13,000. You can't print directly onto shirts unless you have a direct to garment printer (also in the $10,000+ range). For just doing transfers you can get an Epson 1100 and get bulk ink for it. Printing on vinyl requires an expensive machine and expensive inks. You would still need a separate cutter to cut the vinyl.

· Registered
2,977 Posts
This isn't a vinyl printer. It's a paper printer. If you want to print on vinyl you need a printer that can handle the specific kinds of chemicals/inks that are needed for vinyl printing. This is also a dye printer, which means it won't work on transfers. You need a printer that does pigment ink for transfers. Dye ink is best for photographs but will come off in the washer or bleed and run.

Your best bet is to get an epson workforce 1100. It uses pigment ink and can do larger format printing. But no, it also won't print on vinyl. Those printers are very expensive.

I'd also be wary about buying anything labeled as repaired on eBay. You could be spending a lot of money for garbage.

And if you bought a cheap cutter on eBay does it have a plotter? If not, you won't be able to cut anything out that is printed.. it will only cut what it's told to cut.

· Registered
708 Posts
A Workforce 1100 or any Epson pigment printer can print on Sihl 3988 vinyl, but this only comes in white. It's like matte photo paper, but waterproof. You will want to overlaminate it (I use Oraguard 210) for outdoor use. Most solvent inks for other types of vinyl will destroy an Epson printhead.

You would still need a cutter with a registration eye to do contour cuts.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi there and thank you all for the informartin, since writting the post a few things have happened and i should also say money has increased to, due to new work. im now think of buying this tell me what you think
eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

my cutter was a cheap china 1, but it does contour cutting so im lead to believe, is a linyu something or other, ive got about 2000 to get going now, ive been saving all the money from the other vinyl.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.