T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody! My name is Aj and I am semi-new to screen printing and currently building up a little business in Redwood City, California. I use this forum all the time to battle the plethora of conflicting information out there about how to screen print. It has really helped me to navigate the confusing waters of this coliseum of squeegeeing gladiators. I, now humbly ask for your help on how to complete one of my first 4 color jobs, which is probably a walk in the park for most of you.

I got a job which is my first 4 color. I have a four color manual Riley Hopkins 150 press. I plan on using 200 mesh screens with some water based HSA ink from ecotex. This job has vertical bands of solid color running down all butted next to each other. From left to right, navy, teal, old mustard, and cool gray 7. They are all about 2" wide x 9" tall all next to each other. The logo is reversed out of (showing through) the design. It is on a white 50/50 gildan 8000.

Question. I need tips on printing in general, but should i leave a gutter between the mentioned 4 colors? 0.5 pt? I plan on hitting it WOW but i have a flash available too. Also, what color goes first? I have done light first then dark. Dark then light with flashing in between sucked. If anyone has any tips for me on anything especial this, I would love to talk to you. Thanks everybody for being here and having this thing going.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts