T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to start designing T-shirts and do them in photoshop as I find illustrator almost impossible to get to grips with. I've purchased Vector Eye to turn the image into a vector for vinyl printing it onto a T-shirt with spreadshirt.

Does anyone know how to turn a image into a real simplified version and to then turn it into two colours?

And the second thing I would like to know is with a design like the ones the spreadshirt vector designs are, they are like not square shaped so I presume that the graphics are created using a transparent layer so when they are put onto a T-shirt they are not a square or rectangle shape but the actually shape of the design like it had been cut out. Is there a format I should save my designs to get them to look like this?

Thanks you very much for all the help.

Phil

·
Registered
140 Posts
junipaire said:
I want to start designing T-shirts and do them in photoshop as I find illustrator almost impossible to get to grips with. I've purchased Vector Eye to turn the image into a vector for vinyl printing it onto a T-shirt with spreadshirt.

Does anyone know how to turn a image into a real simplified version and to then turn it into two colours?

And the second thing I would like to know is with a design like the ones the spreadshirt vector designs are, they are like not square shaped so I presume that the graphics are created using a transparent layer so when they are put onto a T-shirt they are not a square or rectangle shape but the actually shape of the design like it had been cut out. Is there a format I should save my designs to get them to look like this?

Thanks you very much for all the help.

Phil
If you are using illustrator than you don't need to 'cut out' the design as everything that is white is considered transparent.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts