T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, new here and I really want to learn more about DIY printing. Please take a look at these photos and enlighten me as to which print method was used for these:

Pic # 1 - How was the manufacturer able to put the colors in?
Pic # 2 - What type of method is used? Are the black parts holes or is it black ink printed on the shirt?
Pic # 3 - Is this heat transfer?
Pic # 4 - How was the manufacturer able to achieve this kind of detail? Most parts are gray, but other parts are a lighter gray?

I've only been able to print a shirt via a manufacturer using "rubberized" prints, but I'm not really satisfied with how thick it looks on the shirt.

This link might give you a clue to the printing process, looks like acetates but I have NO CLUE at all how they do it:

ACETATES?

Thanks in advance! Pwede pong sumagot ng tagalog mga kapatid, excited and hoping to learn a whole lot here! :)

· Registered
76 Posts
hey eugene

yes picture #1 is screen printed too, with screen printing you can print multi colours on a carousel each screen being a different colour.

e.g: one acetate would have been produced with only the red areas and a screen exposed using this acetate, this screen would be used to print the red ink
Another acetate would be produced with only the black areas on it, this second screen is then exposed with this acetate and is now used for printing the black ink.
With both these screens fitted to a screen printing carousel you can now print a 2 colour image (red/black) printing the red first then moving the carousel round and printing the black on top.

Hope this makes sense

all the best for the future

Glen

· Registered
102 Posts
Hi guys, new here and I really want to learn more about DIY printing. Please take a look at these photos and enlighten me as to which print method was used for these:

Pic # 1 - How was the manufacturer able to put the colors in?
Pic # 2 - What type of method is used? Are the black parts holes or is it black ink printed on the shirt?
Pic # 3 - Is this heat transfer?
Pic # 4 - How was the manufacturer able to achieve this kind of detail? Most parts are gray, but other parts are a lighter gray?

I've only been able to print a shirt via a manufacturer using "rubberized" prints, but I'm not really satisfied with how thick it looks on the shirt.

This link might give you a clue to the printing process, looks like acetates but I have NO CLUE at all how they do it:

ACETATES?

Thanks in advance! Pwede pong sumagot ng tagalog mga kapatid, excited and hoping to learn a whole lot here! :)
A. Kung ako po ang gagawa sa picture no. 1..screen printing po yan using cmyk method, index seps or simulations...eto ay ginagawa sa PS using quikseps plugin software or kung marunong ka naman ng manual separation sa PS, magagawa nyo po yan...and then convert sa halftone lahat....

B. Yung Picture no. 2 spot color po sya..kayang gawin sa Corel draw or Illustrator 1 color process lang po sya....

C. Yung picture no. 3 pwedeng screen printing, gagamit ka lang ng mababang mesh count like 80 up to 120 mesh count, kung ako po gagawa...yung ink na gagamitin ko dyan Athletic ink ng tulco or Plastisol ink. kung heatpress method Pwede rin gamitan ng dark transfer or vinyl trasfer kung may cutter plotter ka.

E. yung picture no. 4 screen printing yan..naka single color lang po sya, gray scale or black & white and then convert lang po sa halftone yung positive...

Pasensya na medyo mahaba hehe base lang po ito sa kaunting kaalaman ko na dito ko rin natutunan sa TSF...wait na lang po tayo ng ibang master ...:D:D

· Registered
39 Posts
is there anyone knows how to print a shirt the same as the quality of team manila shirts? kung sinong may alam, pwde bang malaman kung paano ung sobrang kapal pero sobrang sharp ng edges ng print sa shirts nila? salamat
it could have been using the thick film method - makapal ang stencil then flooding muna bago hagod.

pag emboss paint kasi, bilog yung edge.

· Registered
58 Posts
is there anyone knows how to print a shirt the same as the quality of team manila shirts? kung sinong may alam, pwde bang malaman kung paano ung sobrang kapal pero sobrang sharp ng edges ng print sa shirts nila? salamat
Magagaling talagang designers and mga tao behind TM. Not sure about the technical aspects kung bat ganon ka pulido yung output nila, pero AFAIK Tulco paints ang gamit nila. hehe:D

· Registered
4 Posts
Magagaling talagang designers and mga tao behind TM. Not sure about the technical aspects kung bat ganon ka pulido yung output nila, pero AFAIK Tulco paints ang gamit nila. hehe:D
yup. Design aspect. meh. yup they are good. :)
ok about sa artwork? ung tela ng damit? san makakbili? ung parang vintage ung kulay pero malambot? salamat sa mga response :) planning to make a business kasi, pero bet ko ung quality ng sa team manila pero different execution ng design sa shirts :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.