T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I am trying to do multi color designs out of glitter flake so I can't overlap , my question is when I overlay different colors in my images , what do I do in illustrator so the cutter just cuts what is seen on my screen . Example : I put a red circle over a black square so only the black corners of the square are showing , what do I do to make it so the cutter will only cut the black corners out instead of the entire black square. I'm not sure how to "knock out" my images.
Sorry if this is confusing

· Registered
782 Posts
Hello, sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I am trying to do multi color designs out of glitter flake so I can't overlap , my question is when I overlay different colors in my images , what do I do in illustrator so the cutter just cuts what is seen on my screen . Example : I put a red circle over a black square so only the black corners of the square are showing , what do I do to make it so the cutter will only cut the black corners out instead of the entire black square. I'm not sure how to "knock out" my images.
Sorry if this is confusing
Do you usually cut directly from Illustrator? I usually have to group objects of the same color and export them into my cutter software, trace them and cut each group individually. Once the different color groups are in my cutter app, I can turn OFF and ON which group will cut. There are apps out there, that will allow you to separate your colors into layers and cut each layer. Sure Cuts A Lot I think does this and maybe Make The Cut. I just use the above method and grin and bear it :)

CalhTech>

· Registered
6,848 Posts
You have to learn how to use your "pathfinder" tools......Depending on your level of skill it could be easy to figure out or a nightmare....Sorry IMO there is no "short snapper" answer that will get you there.......You just have to take your time and learn your software....Look on YouTube for videos on the various tools...Good luck.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.