T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning ALL. I have been able to locate a used Geo Knight DC16 heat press. The offered price is $400. Is that a good price? The dimensions are 14"x16" & its a swing away....Please give me your advice...should I go for it?:confused:

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Good morning ALL. I have been able to locate a used Geo Knight DC16 heat press. The offered price is $400. Is that a good price? The dimensions are 14"x16" & its a swing away....Please give me your advice...should I go for it?:confused:
yes it is. based on the size. You should consider also where you place it as it needs room to swing away. How old is it? Any issues with it such as platen condition, pad?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Good morning ALL. I have been able to locate a used Geo Knight DC16 heat press. The offered price is $400. Is that a good price?
are you purchasing the press locally? --- or did you see something on craig's list?

there's a scam on Heat presses on Craigs List . . so be carefull

Diane ;o}

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
are you purchasing the press locally? --- or did you see something on craig's list?

there's a scam on Heat presses on Craigs List . . so be carefull

Diane ;o}
Diane, what is the scam. I did find the press on craigslist & I can go look at it. But I am curious what the scam is. Thanks

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Diane, what is the scam. I did find the press on craigslist & I can go look at it. But I am curious what the scam is. Thanks
I would think you will be fine if you can seeit before you buy it. I would suggest geting a IR thermometor to check temp of press and check the entire platen for cold spots. Good luck . .... JB

·
Registered
721 Posts
Diane may be referring to a recent incident where the seller sold the same press to 2 different people. One of them paid by credit card, the other paid on pick-up. Fortunately for the buyers, they knew each other, and put 2 + 2 together before the worst happened.

You're fine on Craigslist so long as you can go look at the merchandise, pay in cash, and be done with the transaction. That's usually a legit transaction.

Problems arise when you pay sight unseen, and pick -up the item later, or have it shipped.

Never, ever get involved in a transaction where the seller (or buyer) wants to pay with a cashiers check (especially if it's for more than the amount of sale), and never ever give your credit card information to a seller on this type of transaction unless you can confirm that they are a ligitimate business.

If the press is in good shape...then that's a good price. If you're going to look at it, you can always take a blank t-shirt, and a printed transfer with you...have the seller turn the machine on, and press the tee to make sure it's getting even heat and pressure.

Hey...why not? You'd test drive a car, wouldn't you?

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Diane may be referring to a recent incident where the seller sold the same press to 2 different people. One of them paid by credit card, the other paid on pick-up. Fortunately for the buyers, they knew each other, and put 2 + 2 together before the worst happened.

You're fine on Craigslist so long as you can go look at the merchandise, pay in cash, and be done with the transaction. That's usually a legit transaction.

Problems arise when you pay sight unseen, and pick -up the item later, or have it shipped.

Never, ever get involved in a transaction where the seller (or buyer) wants to pay with a cashiers check (especially if it's for more than the amount of sale), and never ever give your credit card information to a seller on this type of transaction unless you can confirm that they are a ligitimate business.

If the press is in good shape...then that's a good price. If you're going to look at it, you can always take a blank t-shirt, and a printed transfer with you...have the seller turn the machine on, and press the tee to make sure it's getting even heat and pressure.

Hey...why not? You'd test drive a car, wouldn't you?
Very very good advice. I agree you just can't trust anymore. it's sad,but it's true. .... JB

1 - 8 of 8 Posts