T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys, My Name is Naghma I'm a newbie in the graphic design niche and I just started to work with merch by amazon and other print on demand websites but I don't know if my designs are good enough to get sales I just wanted to know your opinion and also I want you to help me out and tell me what's the best way to promote my designs.
Outerwear Bird Product Neck T-shirt

Product Sleeve Font Grey T-shirt

Clothing Outerwear Shirt Dress Neck

Clothing Outerwear Vertebrate Product Sleeve

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Your art and themes are well executed.

People go to Amazon to search for things to buy, so simply being on MBA is great marketing. You could pay for Amazon ads, but what you earn per MBA sale isn't large enough to support much of an advertising budget, and I never found that it helped me. But YMMV (and if you are just starting, you probably don't have access to Amazon advertising).

Your biggest obstacle is that there are already long-established designs on Amazon along the lines of what you have here. With their good BSR/sales record, they will come up in every search for the relevant keywords, whereas your new listings will get a few shots at making sales, but will soon be relegated to the last page, or truncated altogether (most listings end up truncated from search, as there are thousands of listings matching most searches, and Amazon does not want to overwhelm shoppers with hundreds of pages of search results).

My own experience is that it is better to be first (or at least early) than to be good (though being both is best). Also to be different than other designs competing for the same niche, and I don't just mean the art, but also the concept behind it. Basically, if you can approach an idea from a different angle than anyone has before, your odds of success increase. Most of what is on Amazon is just everyone copying everyone else, and most of that sinks to the bottom and is truncated from search. Be the first with an original take, or early in a new niche/topic.

I've had people directly steal my art, pixel-for-pixel, and still not manage to garner even one sale, while mine was selling 10 a day. Short of dumping money on ads, BSR is hard to overcome.

Anyway, your work looks nice. Nothing to do but see what happens.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
keep on keepin on

i will add to NoXid's advice and say:
image 1) the turkey is holding a pie, not a cake
image 2) it should be 'MURICA
image 3) is ok
image 4) Thanksgiving (no capital 'G'), but the turkey is cute

2 and 3 are probably the most sale-able, if you can get some eyes on it
not necessarily because of the genre, but because they are timeless

if you are going to do holiday-themed, be bold and inventive, don't go middle of the road
people may purchase simply to be different and elicit a smile/response

don't get greedy with your markups, on mba it is better to get more sales with less profit/sale (bump up the ladder)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your art and themes are well executed.

People go to Amazon to search for things to buy, so simply being on MBA is great marketing. You could pay for Amazon ads, but what you earn per MBA sale isn't large enough to support much of an advertising budget, and I never found that it helped me. But YMMV (and if you are just starting, you probably don't have access to Amazon advertising).

Your biggest obstacle is that there are already long-established designs on Amazon along the lines of what you have here. With their good BSR/sales record, they will come up in every search for the relevant keywords, whereas your new listings will get a few shots at making sales, but will soon be relegated to the last page, or truncated altogether (most listings end up truncated from search, as there are thousands of listings matching most searches, and Amazon does not want to overwhelm shoppers with hundreds of pages of search results).

My own experience is that it is better to be first (or at least early) than to be good (though being both is best). Also to be different than other designs competing for the same niche, and I don't just mean the art, but also the concept behind it. Basically, if you can approach an idea from a different angle than anyone has before, your odds of success increase. Most of what is on Amazon is just everyone copying everyone else, and most of that sinks to the bottom and is truncated from search. Be the first with an original take, or early in a new niche/topic.

I've had people directly steal my art, pixel-for-pixel, and still not manage to garner even one sale, while mine was selling 10 a day. Short of dumping money on ads, BSR is hard to overcome.

Anyway, your work looks nice. Nothing to do but see what happens.
thank you so much for your reply ^^ i will consider your advice

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
keep on keepin on

i will add to NoXid's advice and say:
image 1) the turkey is holding a pie, not a cake
image 2) it should be 'MURICA
image 3) is ok
image 4) Thanksgiving (no capital 'G'), but the turkey is cute

2 and 3 are probably the most sale-able, if you can get some eyes on it
not necessarily because of the genre, but because they are timeless

if you are going to do holiday-themed, be bold and inventive, don't go middle of the road
people may purchase simply to be different and elicit a smile/response

don't get greedy with your markups, on mba it is better to get more sales with less profit/sale (bump up the ladder)
thank you so much for your opinion i will consider your opinion and remake it :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I find your font too simple and the text on the design doesn't make much sense. You should go to sites like: Pinterest, Etsy to find meaningful and funny quotes.

·
Registered
140 Posts
i see your first design still needs some lasso work digging the white background out of the nooks and crannies in feathers, claws and especially the hand holding the pie. swapping a cake in shouldn't be a problem. while the art is technically fine, it just makes me think "cheap", in a dime a dozen kind of way, like something one would see in a dollar store. i had a really good vegan slogan even better than "imagine whirrled peas", but can't remember what it was.

Food Natural foods Ingredient Fruit Plant

otherwise, the art's decent quality, but there's no telling what will sell and what wont. the first design seems a bit old fashioned to me, like a 1970s greeting card. that's neither good nor bad. my tastes just run modern -> futuristic, so the astronaut design clicked with me better.

the best thing to do is keep coming up with designs. the more you have, the more likely you'll be to push someone's buttons the same way "panda space bubbles" pushed mine

Outerwear Black Baby & toddler clothing Purple Sleeve

it was a combination of the humor AND the fact that it matched my space backpack made it a must have. i'm REALLY picky. most teeshirst don't do it for me.

just keep plugging away. you haven't thought your BEST designs up YET.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts