T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of starting a t-shirt business to spread Love, Peace, Religious Tolerance and Forgivess. My shirts (and other apparel) would have meaningful quotes and graphics as a way to create "Walking Billboards for World Peace".

I would like to call it BodhiGear because bodhi is an ancient (Sanskrit -- a "dead" language like Latin) term which describes an awakening. I see a spiritual awakening around the world and I want to help it. Also, BodhiGear is a play on words -- Body Gear.

Alas, www.bodhigear.com is taken. Grrrrrr. :) So, now I am trying to think of alternative names for the business. I would like to have the word 'bodhi' as part of the company name because I like the concept.

But www.bodhiwear.com is also taken. As is www.bodhishop.com and www.thebodhishop.com So is just plain www.bodhi.com

Bodhistore, Bodhimart, BodhiSpot are all open but don't have the right feeling for me.

Maybe another line of thinking is needed... like clothing is made of threads... threads of peace? www.threadsofpeace.com -- TAKEN.

www.seedsofpeace.com -- TAKEN

Aaauuuggghhh.

Can you help me with some brainstorming? As I said, I would prefer to have 'bodhi' as part of the company name. Also, I don't want to limit myself to just t-shirts so I don't want anything 'tees'.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
:moved to site reviews - design reviews forum to keep out of search engines and to make thread only viewable to members (to lessen the chances of someone taking the name you come up with :)) :

Can you help me with some brainstorming? As I said, I would prefer to have 'bodhi' as part of the company name. Also, I don't want to limit myself to just t-shirts so I don't want anything 'tees'.
I don't think a name with "shirts" in it would limit you to just shirts. It's just the "name" and something easy to remember.

bodhishirts.com is nice and easy to remember (and available)

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
I had the same dilemma when I was trying to find a domain name! Luckily I snagged a good one. It's really tough nowadays.

Have you tried wearbodhi.com, mybodhi.com, bebodhi.com? They are all available.

Edit: I don't know how Bodhi is pronounced, but if it's close to "body" you could work with that. Like greatbodhi.com, bodhiconscious.com .. etc.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
BodhiGear said:
It's sort of close to body. It's pronounced "boh-dee" (rather than "bah-dee").
Cool. :) You could use that as a marketing angle somehow. I am sure people who buy shirts that proclaim "Love, Peace, Religious Tolerance and Forgivess" also want to look good in the shirt as well. Kind of an inner/outer beauty thing I guess.

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
PeaceSquad.com is a good one, but it is actually still technically "registered".

It's about to "drop" so it can be reregistered again. It's in what is called the "redemption period".

This domain has entered its redemption period at the registry. During this time, this domain cannot be modified or purged, only restored. This domain will be held in this status for a maximum of 30 calendar days. This domain is not available for registration at this time.

·
Registered
103 Posts
have you tried ".net" or one of the other versions? i know, i know, EVERYBODY wants a ".com."

oh, what about "everybodhi.com"?? or "everybodhishirts.com"? or "everybodhilovesmyshirts.com"?? okay, the veggie is getting carried away again! :) but i can't stop!! :)

- everybodylovesbodhi.com
- lovemybodhi.com
- bodhiandsoul.com (can you do "body&soul.com"? i'm not sure.)
- bodhiacious.com!! LOL!! like "bodacious"
- bodhilicious.com!! LOL!! like "my body's too bodhilicious for you, babe"
- blissfulbodhi.com
- bodhiandbliss.com
- bodhirapture.com
- bodhienlightenment.om!! LOL!!
- enlightenbodhi.com
- bodyandbodhiful.com
- hotbodhi.com
- bodhibeautiful.com
- radiantbodhi.com

okay, okay, i'll stop now. but you see, i can go on and on and on and on . . .

i hope this helps!

veggie

1 - 20 of 49 Posts