T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:

I feel so lost. I have been asked to make shirts for a grand opening of a salon. I have never done a custom heat press order, only bought the transfers premade. I really want to do this, soooo, since we going to try to put the transfers on white shirts, I believe I will want to buy jetpro sofstretch paper. The font they want is free font available on line. I need to know how to design the transfer with the font and colors and all that...please please tell me what everyone does. Just pretend your me and tell me what all the steps are from a-z....THANK YOU SOOO SOO MUCH in advance...;) Tamara

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
:confused:

I feel so lost. I have been asked to make shirts for a grand opening of a salon. I have never done a custom heat press order, only bought the transfers premade. I really want to do this, soooo, since we going to try to put the transfers on white shirts, I believe I will want to buy jetpro sofstretch paper. The font they want is free font available on line. I need to know how to design the transfer with the font and colors and all that...please please tell me what everyone does. Just pretend your me and tell me what all the steps are from a-z....THANK YOU SOOO SOO MUCH in advance...;) Tamara

Well to start off. You need to ask your customer what kind of design they want on there t-shirt's, if is just a font then it should'nt be that hard. Also we can't pretend were you because we don't know exactly what your customer want's if it's a simple slogan or a design. Give us some more details about the design so we can help you out.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Yea there are alot of variables in designing something for somebody. I would first look at the colors of their shop, get an idea of what they are invisioning their design to look like. Ask alot of questions and take it all in. with a salon I would imagin if it is a graphic and not text, they will want to have some type of tools such as shears and hair dryer, or salon chair or something that shows its for a salon. Or do they have any type of theme going on in there shop? its really important to understand what the customer is wanting first, by figuring that out you should be able to get some ideas of what your design needs to contain. Once you get that far, then ask questions about what you dont know how to do, and others will be glad to help you. But first you need a design idea :) Good luck and come back and ask questions about what you need to learn :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts