T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find a particular fit for a polo/sportshirt and I'm having some trouble. Do y'all know a wholesaler or manufacturer that produces what I'm looking for?

The primary concern is where the sleeve falls. Many of the polos/sportshirts that I can find are falling close to the elbow. I would like the sleeve to fall about midway through the bicep (men's). I would prefer 100% cotton, but I'm not opposed to a 50/50 or like blend. Also, I'd prefer that a variety of colors are offered. I've found this thread T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Find Wholesale Blank T-Shirts and Other Imprintable Products but was hoping that someone might have some newer information on this. I've also searched some of the wholesalers and direct suppliers but can't seem to find what I'm looking.

Also, I've found a couple that MAY be what I'm looking for and will be ordering samples (2800 GILDAN, J100 & J300 JERZEES) - however, if anyone can help me find some others or already knows of others... the assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks y'all!!!

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, Jennifer!

I haven't really seen any "young adult cut" shirts out there. I've seen the youth styles that are available, but those are certainly going to be too small for what I'm looking for. I received a couple of samples this week, and they're closer to what I'm actually looking for, but still a little bit long in the sleeve. I believe it was the Jerzees J300 that came closest to what I'd like.

Yes, I am looking for a relatively low-priced shirt. I will be buying in dozens and would like to keep the per-shirt cost below $7.50 prior to any printing... If that's possible. I'm prepared to go up to $10.00/shirt... but only if I have to.

My goal is to keep the cost of my polo at around $35 to the consumer. That is after my markup to the retailer and the retailer's final markup. Generally, that would mean I need to produce for about $8.75 per shirt. However, I'm willing to take a hit on my margin if I can gain entry into the market. We'll also be producing t-shirts that my margin will be working out almost perfectly on and that is why I'm willing to take the hit on the polos for market entry.

Thanks again for your time!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.