T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I've been debating on rather to try a different ink or just stay with what I'm using now. Right now I'm using International coatings ink which came with my starter kit from ryonet.

Shoud I just stay with it or branch out into Triangle or Union?

I seem to be able to find more sites that carry triangle than union but don't know about the quality of either ink.

Thoughts?

Thanks
Craig

·
Registered
861 Posts
some one recently started a poll on here about which inks are the favorites.

the faves seem to be Union and wiliflex.

I personally like the International coatings. Especially the poly white. I prefer it over unions diamond white.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I was the poll starter. I still ain't decided if I need to try different inks and if so which ones.

Thanks!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Wilflex MX mixing system and Union Soft Plastisol Inks are my favorites. I favor the Union over Wilflex bc most of it comes mixed with reducer already so it's easier to work with.

Used IC before, but the other two are tons better in my personal experience.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Wilflex MX mixing system and Union Soft Plastisol Inks are my favorites. I favor the Union over Wilflex bc most of it comes mixed with reducer already so it's easier to work with.

Used IC before, but the other two are tons better in my personal experience.
can you expand on what you find better?

I have used unions diamond white and dint like it. seemed like there was some puff added? not sure.
do you feel that union has a better hand than IC for the colors?

I have wanted to try the union but have had good luck with my IC, so am hesitant. But if there is a clear advantage I would love to hear about it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I use both Union and Wilflex. For printing on dark substrates, Wilflex and Union Maxopakes are great. I use Wilflex Bright Tiger; I've tried other whites, but that's the one that works best for me. For printing on light shirts, I do prefer the standard Union ink because it is pretty thin (and also because my supplier doesn't stock Wilflex in quarts, so for the non-basics I go with what they have:))

·
Registered
592 Posts
can you expand on what you find better?

I have used unions diamond white and dint like it. seemed like there was some puff added? not sure.
do you feel that union has a better hand than IC for the colors?

I have wanted to try the union but have had good luck with my IC, so am hesitant. But if there is a clear advantage I would love to hear about it.
Union diamond white is a lo-bleed ink, it is supposed to be used with polyester garments which can also be used as a white underbase on colored polyester to reduce dye migration, or anything that needs a low bleed ink. It doesn't have the best quality on cotton garments.

Union just has a lot of choices, reasonably priced, and many have a soft reducer already mixed in it. If IC is working for you, I wouldn't change ink manufacturers. There is also nothing wrong with using several different brands as well. I do suggest maybe buying a quart of Union soft plastisol inks, and try it, I think you'll like it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts