T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to Corel Draw and I'm having a hard time getting this logo into something easy to print in vinyl. Customer wants a one color option as well as a multi color. I can't seem to get the checkered flag into something usable.

Any tips/help is appreciated!

·
Registered
532 Posts
hard to tell without seeing the graphic and not knowing wht cutter software-but a simple way is to save the 1 color option as a jpg and trace it in the cutter program.

There are other more advanced ways that I have not mastered-but a more experienced Corel user could walk you through the shaping and trim options in corel.

·
Registered
532 Posts
You may need to convert the fades and shading to solid color but it should cut just fine the way you would do any other multi color job.

Another option would be to outsource to a digitial printer.

There are several here on line that are reasonably priced.

I have used a couple when I need a print decal instead.

·
Registered
193 Posts
For something like that, tracing won't do the best job, but you might could get it close. In tracing, it will recognize every shade of color in the design. You can combine (or merge, it might be called) all the shades of the red to remove the gradient.

As another suggestion, you may have to send it to someone who vectorizes. (The Vector Doctor is one example, have used him, great service, but there's a bunch more out there)

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Yup

the logo needs to be vectorized. You can do this by using the tools and redrawing "tracing" the logo. Learning your program is your best bet yet using an outside source is also a good option.
Google vector logo recreation tutorials for CorelDRAW or Illustrator or what ever prog you use.

You will find a lot of things like this are simple and can easily be made and fairly quickly.

You mention making it ready for "Printing on Vinyl", Are you actually printing the image / logo onto say white vinyl or are you wanting to Cut all the various colors in vinyl?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cutting not printing is probably a better choice of words. Looking to do this with layering vinyl. I'll check out the tutorials.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts