T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone,

please I need help setting up Photoshop or adobe illustrator to match with theprintful.com guidelines, here are the guidelines from their site:

Size: 12x14"

All colors should be in RGB. Whites should have a rgb value of 254, 254, 254 Backgrounds must be transparent

PNG files are best
If creating a 150dpi or larger PNG (at actual size) file isn't possible, use other file formats like Photoshop, PDF or TIFF.

Outline your fonts
All fonts in the print files should be converted to outlines so you don't have to send over the font files.

can you please help me i'm totally lost here

· Registered
3,506 Posts
ok. what program did you use to make the design?

what they are basically looking for is your size of the design be within the 12" x 14" parameters.

in illustrator (if that's the program you used to design in) click on any font and got to type>create outlines. that way the printer doesn't have to have that font installed on his sytem because you just turned it into an object.

if your file is in CMYK convert it to RGB. then just save the file as .psd (photoshop) or .ai (illustrator).

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok. what program did you use to make the design?

what they are basically looking for is your size of the design be within the 12" x 14" parameters.

in illustrator (if that's the program you used to design in) click on any font and got to type>create outlines. that way the printer doesn't have to have that font installed on his sytem because you just turned it into an object.

if your file is in CMYK convert it to RGB. then just save the file as .psd (photoshop) or .ai (illustrator).

Thank you so much for your help , i'm using illustrator and this is my settings:

also they say for the best results i should use png but if i use 150dpi i should use other formats. at the same time they say i should use only minimum 150dpi so its impossible to use png anyway right?

· Registered
3,506 Posts
i just looked at the printfil.com website and all i have to say is DON'T DO IT.

where are you located? do they have silkscreen printers in your area?

what i would suggest is (without even looking at your design) getting in touch with a local printer and build a repoire. they would probably help you with your file for no fee. the pricing on those shirts from printful is ridiculously high. the american apparel shirts are almost 2x the price and the gildan is almost 3x the price.

how many colors is your design? if it's not too complicated i would suggest posting a thread in the referrals section of the forum and get prices from printers that are on this forum. also a site like custom ink is more approachable and cheaper than the site you are looking at.

BTW: those settings look fine. if you insist on doing business with the printful.com site just send them the file if there is a problem with it they will get back to you. it's always a good idea to add text to a layer that is labeled DO NOT PRINT and have it off the artboard and it is for the printer describing exactly what you want your final product to look like. if you have a background color to mimic the shirt's color tell them that. if you think there might be a problem with fine detail ask them to call you if they can't reproduce a certain line etc.

· Registered
2 Posts
I don't know if I did something different than you when going on custom ink. but it wasn't cheaper at all. I designed a XL Mens Gildan Shirt with a 2 color print and it was a lot more expensive that when I designed it with Printful?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.